● An offer of admission to a master's or MBA programme at a British university starting in September/October 2018
● A British citizen or resident*
● Achieved or expected to achieve a 2.1 or above in undergraduate degree
● A demonstrable interest in fintech, with the intention to work in fintech upon graduation
*As part of our commitment to cultivating fintech talent at home, the scholarship is available to British citizens or residents. A 'resident' is someone who usually lives in the UK.
Terms & Conditions:
● The Fellowship is a tuition fee award of £8,000, designed to contribute to the costs of a one-year master's degree or MBA at a UK university
● In the case of two-year degrees, the Fellowship will only apply to the first year of study
● Applicants must be able to cover the additional costs associated with completing their master's degree, including living costs and any outstanding tuition fees
● Applications submitted after the deadline of 1st August 2018 at 12pm BST will not be considered
● Applicants are required to disclose any other funding they are receiving or may receive
Spotcap provides flexible and accessible small business financing, allowing entrepreneurs to focus on what matters – their business. We developed our credit risk algorithm in-house and lend from our own balance sheet.
Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Spotcap launched in Spain in September 2014 before expanding to the Netherlands and Australia in 2015, the UK in 2016 and New Zealand in 2017. The company is led by founder & CEO Jens Woloszczak and Niels Turfboer, Managing Director of Benelux and UK. The growing team consists of more than 100 employees, and is backed by investors including Rocket Internet, Finstar Financial Group, Access Industries, Holtzbrinck Ventures and Kreos Capital.
For more information, visit Spotcap UK.
Fellowship landing page: https://www.spotcap.co.uk/fintech-fellowship/
Spotcap homepage: https://www.spotcap.co.uk/
How to apply
Applications are made through the Spotcap Fellowship website. Applicants are asked to provide:
● One-page cover letter detailing achievements, academic interests, professional interests and extracurricular activities
● An answer to the question: What sparked your interested in fintech? Applicants may submit a written response (500 word limit) or upload a short video (3 minutes max.)
Timeline (subject to change)
17 April> Applications open
1st August> Applications close
15th August>Panel Reviews applications
28th August> Shortlisted candidates contacted
11 September> Winner notifed
25th September? Offical announcement of Fellowship winner
Niels Turfboer, Managing Director, Spotcap UK & Benelux
Elizabeth Lumley, Global fintech commentator and advisor
Stephen Ingledew, Chief Executive, FinTech Scotland
Marilena Ioannidou, Director, Team Lead on Fintech Investments, British Business Investments
Tanya Andreasyan, Managing Director and Editor-in-Chief, FinTech Futures/Banking Technology