Strathclyde welcomes applications from international (non EU) students who wish to attend the University on a visiting, non-graduating basis for one or two semesters. Before applying we recommend you consult the Exchange/Study Abroad Adviser at your home University to discuss this option and to check they are able to award you credit for the courses you successfully complete at Strathclyde. Applicants attending the University on this basis will normally take a selection of undergraduate level classes/courses from levels 1 to 3 (1st year to 3rd year).
There is a different application process for EU nationals. Before beginning an application, EU nationals should contact the Exchange Team on email@example.com to clarify the application procedure.
The Business School is currently unable to consider applications from EU nationals out with formal ERASMUS Exchange agreements.
The standard tuition fee for international (non EU) students undertaking a period of study abroad at Strathclyde is £7,250 per semester for all subject areas.
Complete the online application below which includes an option to apply for campus housing. Campus housing is guaranteed provided you apply by deadlines below. You can check the range of accommodation options online here.
Application Deadlines :-
Semester 1 - 15 May
Semester 2 - 15 October
As part of their application, applicants will be asked to upload the following documents :-
- academic transcript
- passport information page
- Recommendation Letter (from a member of Faculty or Tutor confirming your suitability for a period of study abroad)
English language requirements
If English is not your first language and you intend to study at Strathclyde for more than 6 months, you will usually require to provide evidence of your English language proficiency. Please see Strathclyde's current English language requirements.
Dates for 2018/19
- Campus housing opens: 8 September 2018
- Semester 1 housing contracts run from 8 September - 5 January 2019
- Recruitment & International Office welcome meeting: 10 September 2018
- Welcome and registration week: 10 - 14 September 2018
- Classes commence: 17 September 2018
- Revision and exams: 3 - 14 December 2018
- Campus housing opens/closes: 6 January 2019
- Semester 2 housing contracts run from 6 January - 8 June 2019
- Recruitment & International Office welcome meeting: 7 January 2019
- Welcome and registration week: 7 - 11 January 2019
- Classes commence: 14 January 2019
- Spring break: 1 - 12 April 2019
- Revision week commences: 15 April
- Exams: 22 April - 17 May 2019
Most non EEA students attending Strathclyde for one semester (less than 6 months) will be eligible to attend on a short-term study visa. Depending on your nationality this may involve having your passport stamped by UK immigration on arrival or applying for a short-term study visa in your home country before you depart. To clarify which arrangements applies to you, check your eligibility.
All applicants attending Strathclyde for 2 semesters (more than 6 months) must obtain a Tier 4 Student visa. Once you have applied and your application has been approved by Strathclyde, the Admissions Office will send you the appropriate document (CAS) to enable you to apply for your visa.
Information & advice
For more information, including details of the University’s orientation and welcome activities, cost of living, health matters, the city of Glasgow and much more, please go to our international student support pages.
Our international student pages contain lots of useful information.