International students who wish to spend a year or semester on a study abroad programme at Strathclyde can apply as non-graduating students. It's important to ensure your home institution will transfer credit for classes you take while at Strathclyde. The first thing you should do is to consult your Study Abroad Office at your home institution for approval to study abroad.
The University of Strathclyde admits students from many different countries with many different qualifications. For advice on whether your qualification is acceptable to Strathclyde, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
The application process is online. As part of your online application you will be invited to complete a housing application, you can find the accommodation options online here. If you have any questions regarding fees (tuition fees or living costs) or how to complete your application, please contact the Exchange Team on email@example.com.
Complete applications must be fully submitted by 15 May and 15 October respectively to allow sufficient time for processing.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, please see our current English language requirements.
Important dates for 2017/18
- Campus housing opens: 9 September 2017
- Semester 1 housing contracts run from 9 September - 6 January 2018
- Recruitment & International Office welcome meeting: 11 September 2017
- Welcome and registration week: 11 - 15 September 2017
- Classes commence: 18 September 2017
- Revision and exams: 4 - 15 December 2017
- Campus housing opens/closes: 7 January 2018
- Semester 2 housing contracts run from 7 January - 9 June 2018
- Recruitment & International Office welcome meeting: 8 January 2018
- Welcome and registration week: 8 - 12 January 2018
- Classes commence: 15 January 2018
- Spring break: 2 - 13 April 2018
- Revision week commences: 16 April
- Exams: 23 April - 18 May 2018
Most non EEA students attending Strathclyde for one semester from a Partner University will be eligible to receive a short-term study visa stamp on arrival at the airport but please check your eligibility.
Information & advice
For more information, including details of the University’s orientation and welcome activities, cost of living, health matters, the city of Glasgow and much more, please go to our international student support pages.
Our international student pages contain lots of useful information.
Hear from our American Fulbright students about their recent experience at Strathclyde.
Study abroad partners
Students studying at the following institutions in the USA, Mexico and Norway can apply to study as a fee-paying undergraduate student at Strathclyde for a semester or an academic year at an affordable cost. Students receive comprehensive support in the application process, arrival and settling in to life at Strathclyde from Strathclyde's International Student Advice team.
Strathclyde is part of the Mexican UK Study Abroad Consortium. Students coming from one of our Mexican partners can receive a 50% discount on tuition fees. Our Mexican partners are:
- Escuela Bancaria y Comercial
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM)
- Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM - Mexico City campus)
- Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM - Campus Estado de México)
- Universidad Anáhuac
- Universidad La Salle
- Universidad Panamericana
Students coming from one of our Norwegian partners can receive a 10% discount on courses in our Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences and in Strathclyde Business School, and a 20% discount on courses in our Faculty of Engineering and Faculty of Science. Our Norwegian partners are:
- Bergen University College (Strathclyde Business School programme)
- Buskerud University College
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology - NTNU
Students coming from one of our USA partners can receive a 10% discount on courses in our Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences and in Strathclyde Business School, and a 20% discount on courses in our Faculty of Engineering and Faculty of Science. Our USA partners are: