Strathclyde welcomes applications from international (non EU) students who wish to attend on a visiting, non-graduating basis for one or two semesters. Before applying we recommend you consult the Exchange/Study Abroad Adviser at your home University to ensure they will give you credit for your Strathclyde experience and to check how much flexibility you have around the classes/courses you can take. If you are applying on this basis, you will usually take undergraduate level classes/courses from levels 1 to 3 (1st year to 3rd year).
(EU nationals applying on this basis will usually follow a different application process. Before beginning an application, please contact the Exchange Team on email@example.com to clarify the application procedure.
The Business School is currently unable to consider applications from EU nationals out with formal ERASMUS+ Exchange agreements).
The standard tuition fee for international (non EU) students undertaking a period of study abroad at Strathclyde is £7,250 per semester for all subject areas.
Complete the online application below which includes an option to apply for campus housing. Campus housing is guaranteed provided you apply by the appropriate application deadlines. You can check the various accommodation options online here.
Application Deadlines :-
Semester 1 - 15 May
Semester 2 - 15 October
English language requirements
If English is not your first language and you intend to study at Strathclyde for more than 6 months, you will usually require to provide evidence of your English language proficiency. Please see Strathclyde's current English language requirements.
Dates for 2018/19
- Campus housing opens: 8 September 2018
- Semester 1 housing contracts run from 8 September - 5 January 2019
- Recruitment & International Office welcome meeting: 10 September 2018
- Welcome and registration week: 10 - 14 September 2018
- Classes commence: 17 September 2018
- Revision and exams: 3 - 14 December 2018
- Campus housing opens/closes: 6 January 2019
- Semester 2 housing contracts run from 6 January - 8 June 2019
- Recruitment & International Office welcome meeting: 7 January 2019
- Welcome and registration week: 7 - 11 January 2019
- Classes commence: 14 January 2019
- Spring break: 1 - 12 April 2019
- Revision week commences: 15 April
- Exams: 22 April - 17 May 2019
Most non EEA students attending Strathclyde for one semester (less than 6 months) will be eligible to attend on a short-term study visa. Depending on your nationality this may involve having your passport stamped by UK immigration on arrival or applying for a short-term study visa in your home country before you depart. To clarify which arrangements applies to you, check your eligibility.
All applicants attending Strathclyde for 2 semesters (more than 6 months) must obtain a Tier 4 Student visa. Once you have applied and your application has been approved by Strathclyde, the Admissions Office will send you the appropriate document (CAS) to enable you to apply for your visa.
Information & advice
For more information, including details of the University’s orientation and welcome activities, cost of living, health matters, the city of Glasgow and much more, please go to our international student support pages.
Our international student pages contain lots of useful information.