Strathclyde welcomes applications from international and European students who wish to attend the University on a visiting, non-graduating basis for one or two semesters. Before applying we recommend you consult the Study Abroad Adviser at your home University to discuss this option and to check they are able to award you credit for the courses you successfully complete at Strathclyde. Applicants attending the University on this basis will normally take a selection of undergraduate-level classes/courses from levels 1 to 3 (1st year to 3rd year).
The standard tuition fee for international (non EU) students undertaking a period of study abroad at Strathclyde is £7,500 per semester and £15,000 for a full year for all subject areas.
Complete the online application below which includes an option to apply for campus housing. Campus housing is guaranteed provided you apply by the deadlines below. You can check the range of accommodation options online here.
- Semester 1 - 15 May 2022
- Semester 2 - 1 November 2022
As part of their application, applicants will be asked to upload the following documents :-
- current academic transcript
- passport information page
- Recommendation Letter (from a member of Faculty or Tutor confirming your suitability for a period of study abroad)
English language requirements
If English is not your first language and you intend to study at Strathclyde for more than 6 months, you will usually require to provide evidence of your English language proficiency. Please see Strathclyde's current English language requirements.
Dates for 2021/22
- Campus housing opens: 11 September 2021
- Semester 1 housing contracts run from 11 September 2021- Jan 2022
- Recruitment & International Office welcome meeting: 14 September 2020
- Welcome and registration week: 13 - 17 September 2020
- Classes commence: 20 September - 3 December 2020 (11 week teaching period)
- Revision and exams: 6 - 17 December 2020
- Campus housing opens/closes: 09 January 2022
- Semester 2 housing contracts run from 09 January 2022- June 2022
- Recruitment & International Office welcome meeting: 10 January 2022
- Welcome and registration week: 10 - 14 January 2022
- Classes commence: 17 January - 01 April 2022 (11 week teaching period))
- Spring break vacation: 4 - 15 April 2022
- Revision week: 18 - 23 April
- Exams: 18 April - 20 May 2022
The new Student visa (replacing Tier 4) came into effect on 5 October 2020. This is applicable to all students planning to attend Strathclyde for more than 6 months, including those from the USA, EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. Check the link below for more information. https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/internationalstudents/beforeyouarrive/visasimmigration/ If you are planning to come to the UK for less than 6 months, you may not require a visa and should check using the ‘Check if I need a visa’ tool at the link below. https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Information & advice
For more information, including details of the University’s orientation and welcome activities, cost of living, health matters, the city of Glasgow and much more, please go to our international student support pages.
Our international student pages contain lots of useful information.