Visa information

Depending on the duration and location of your exchange you may need to apply for a student visa.  Your host University will advise you on this and will supply you with any required documents to enable you to apply for a student visa once you have been accepted for exchange.  You cannot apply for a visa until you have been accepted by your host University and received the appropriate documents from them.

In most cases you will be able to apply online.  However if you are going to study in the US, you should be aware that you will require to attend a personal visa appointment at the US Embassy in London or Belfast to obtain a visa.

It is your responsibility to make the arrangements for obtaining a student visa and for covering all the visa application costs.   You should therefore factor this into your planning and budget.