Rebecca Pick is the founder and CEO of Pick Protection. Pick Protection is a personal alarm for lone workers. It gives you peace of mind so you can focus on the work that you do without worry. Working with Unipart Security and their UK based NSI Gold Category II Monitored Alarm Receiving Centre, Pick Protection has created revolutionary security solutions for companies with lone workers. They're accredited to the highest lone working standard – BS8484 - and are committed to ensuring the highest level of security to lone workers.
The business won the Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Awards for Best Undergraduate Business in the UK in 2015 and was the first undergraduate business to win a Converge Challenge Award. Rebecca has received support from SEN throughout her entrepreneurial journey, first as a SEN Rising Star and resident of the Enterprise Hub, then on to working with an Enterprise Partner mentor and receiving investment from the Strathclyde Entrepreneurs Fund. Pick Protection has now gone on to secure investment and win several entrepreneurial awards in Scotland.
Rebecca studied Business Enterprise & Marketing (BA Hons) and graduated in 2015.
What advice do you have for budding entrepreneurs?
My advice would be at the start of the process to talk to as many people as possible to validate your business idea, learn from people with more experience than you and tap into all the great support networks there are!
How has the Strathclyde Entrepreneurial Network (SEN) helped you on your entrepreneurial journey?
SEN was invaluable to helping me get my business off the ground. As a SEN Rising Star, I was provided with free office space and access to a whole network of people that could help my business. SEN also helped me raise finance by directing me to different business competitions and helping with the application process. It was also great to be surrounded by lots of other students all setting up businesses too.
- AccelerateHer Winner 2017
- Converge Challenge Kickstart Runner Up 2014
- Converge Challenge Runner Up 2015
- Santander Universities first place Winner 2015
- Young Edge Round 8 Winner 2015
- Finalist in Rising Star Entrepreneur of the Year with Entrepreneurial Scotland 2017
- Guest Speaker at SIE Awards Dinner 2018
- Featured in Business Women Scotland 2018
- Featured in BBC's The Social 2018
- Featured in Panel discussion E2E #ScaleUp2Success 2018
- Shortlisted in Scottis Women's Awards 2018 - Busness of the Year (less than 50 staff)
- Invited to No10 Downing Street with PM's Business Director 2019
- Named in Maserati top 100 list 2019; recognising one hundred game-changing entrepreneurs
View the offical website here: Pick Protection Ltd