National Manufacturing Institute Scotland CPD course Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
"US data showing that demand for freelancers with VR expertise grew far faster than that for any other skill in the second quarter of 2017, a 30-fold, year-on-year increase", McKinsey
Course: Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
The course has been postponed due to COVID-19. Dates will be reviewed once lockdown restrictions are lifted. Please, check back here for regular updates on new event dates.
Venue and duration: Multiple locations across Scotland
This course deals with the exciting application of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) to industrial settings. AR and VR have been pictured at the forefront of technicological advancements for decades, however it is only recently that most businesses have been convinced of their real value as the technology is now proving they can be put to extremely practical uses. This technology can improve collaboration, reduce serious risk, drastically enhance cost savings, provide real world training, as well as a platform to set yourself apart from the competition.
Topics covered in the course include:
- A framework for thinking about how AR and VR can impact your business
- A solid understanding of the discipline icluding, how to plan creating an AR/VR facility within your site
- The benefits of networking opportunities with industry peers & HEIs
Objectives of the course:
The course aims to combine an informed exploration of the use of AR and VR in industrial settings throughout global manufacture. Candidates will also gain an understanding of how the adoption of AR and VR might impact their own business
On the course you will:
- Build your understanding of AR and VR and the market-driven forces that allow adopters to succeed
- Learn how to build competitive advantage and compete in this fast growing discipline
- Gain up-to-date knowledge of AR and VR
- Explore the opportunities for AR and VR in relation to your business
- Explore opportunities to modernize your technology, processes, and workforce for increased effectiveness
- Discuss examples of AR and VR global success stories through case studies
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the University of Strathclyde
Who will benefit from this course:
This course is aimed at professionals who want to expand their knowledge on Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, to better understand the opportunities that these technologies present for their business.