"Cybercrime cost the world between $445 billion and $608 billion in 2017, according to security vendor McAfee and the Center for Strategic and International Studies", Harvard Business Review
Course title: Cyber Security
Course date and venue:
To be confirmed, multiple locations across Scotland
Duration: 1 day (9:00am- 19:00pm)
Companies rely on a cyber supply chain to operate and provide services to customers, including information and communication technologies, website hosting or cloud-based operations. With each service added to the supply chain the attack surface increases. It is therefore key to understand the impact that a disruption of these services will have on a business.
Furthermore, companies are responsible for ensuring the cyber-security and privacy of their customer’s data, hence the ability to protect information systems from impairment or theft is essential.
This course introduces key strategies to ensure cyber security in your organisation, enabling you to overcome the unauthorised access to information brought by digitalisation in businesses.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Cyber security introduction
- Threat actors and their motivations
- Identification of cyber attacks
- Security gaps in your organisation
- Cyber security solutions
- Disaster recovery strategies
- Threat model
- Industry case studies
Who should attend?
Professionals and business leaders who are interested in learning options for digital risk reduction.
On the course you will:
- Understand the exact meaning of cybersecurity
- Build your understanding of cyber attacks
- Learn about the malicious actors and their motivations
- Explore the tools and techniques to test the cyber-security of businesses
- Gain a fundamental understanding of the cascading effects of a cyber attack
- Understand threat models against their businesses
- Understand business continuity planning and disaster recovery
- Earn a Certificate of Participation