National Manufacturing Institute Scotland CPD course Driving supply chain with Digital Transformation
"A recent McKinsey study found that the average supply chain has a digitization level of 43 percent, the lowest of five business areas that were examined" McKinsey.
Course title: Driving supply chain with Digital Transformation
Course date: tbc 2020
Venue: Multiple locations across Scotland
Duration: 1 day (9-5pm)
"The same McKinsey research suggests that, on average, companies that aggressively digitize their supply chains can expect to boost annual growth of earnings before interest and taxes by 3.2 percent—the largest increase from digitizing any business area—and annual revenue growth by 2.3 percent." McKinsey
Topics covered in the course include:
- What ‘good’ supply chain management looks like
- Digital opportunities for competitive advantages – how digital technologies can help
- Disruptive innovations in supply chains
- Evaluating your business’ supply chain performance
- Auditing your current practice, technology and skills
Objectives of the course:
This course will explore how the key disruptive technologies will transform the way supply chains operate and compete in the future, and how to meet those challenges.
On the course you will:
- Develop a fundamental appreciation for the need to embrace new technologies and a data-driven approach to supply chain and logistics management
- Gain insight into some key disruptive innovations that are most likely to impact the way businesses manage logistics and supply chain operations.
- Learn how key technologies and data analytics can benefit the supply chain and drive business performance
- Create an understanding of the practice, technology and skills gaps in your business
Who will benefit from this course:
This course is aimed at leaders within the business, manufacturing, supply chain and technology sectors who are responsible for supply chains or logistics. However, it would also be beneficial for professionals wishing to expand their knowledge of the impact of digital transformation on the supply chain.