"By 2022, 90% of corporate strategies will explicitly mention information as a critical enterprise asset and analytics as an essential competency." Gartner
Course: Driving Value from Data and AI
Dates and venues:
The course set to take place in Dundee in November has been postponed due to COVID-19. Please, check back here for regular updates on new event dates.
Duration: 1 day (9am- 4:30pm)
This course goes beyond the hype surrounding data by demonstrating how you can practically drive value from it. This course will improve your understanding of the business opportunity presented by the use of data and artificial intelligence. You will explore frequently experienced hurdles, best-practice for industry and commerce businesses and gain feedback from experts. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to identify opportunities within your organization.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Today’s Data Era
- Practical case studies on how organisations drive value from data
- Data analytics maturity model to assess your current use of data
- Data maturity matrix that looks at complementary aspects needed for success
- The execution of the data plan to provide business value, efficiently leader the strategy and take the first steps overcoming the possible initial lack of assets and skills
- Ideas for your next pilot to get started
- What is artificial intelligence and what is not
- How organisations use artificial intelligence to drive value
Who will benefit from this course:
This course explores data at an introductory level for professionals and small to medium-size business owners who want to drive more value from data in their organisations.
The Data Lab
- Craig is a strategy advisor and coach with specialisms in Business, Data and Digital strategy development and execution.
- Craig is Executive Education Advisor at The Data Lab, where he develops and delivers interactive sessions that allow attendees to improve their understanding of the business opportunity presented by the use of data and AI, arming them with actionable insights to apply when they return to work.
- In the last 2-years, Craig has worked with over 100 organisations to help them drive value from their investments in data and AI.
- Craig also has over 20 plus years of experience in Financial Services and Utilities.
- Craig is particularly interested in strategy, leadership and ethics and how these play a part in delivering benefits. When his daughter asks him what he does, he says, “I help make Scotland famous for data.”