"It’s critical to establish operational excellence as a key differentiator in your category, and use metrics, technology, and culture to work your way into a leadership position for the long term." Forbes (2019)
Course: Redefining Operational Excellence in the Digital Age
Date and venue:
The course has been postponed due to COVID-19. Dates will be reviewed once lockdown restrictions are lifted. Please, check back here for regular updates on new event dates.
Duration: 1 day (9am-5pm)
This course will introduce you to how digital technologies enable operational excellence in manufacturing. You will explore how digital tools afford greater visibility, cut down on delays, simplify supply chain management, bridge connectivity gaps, enable effective management of information flow and provide multifunctional tools for field technicians. The objective of this 1-day executive course is to show you how the deployment of digitisation in operations excellence can help you accelerate strategic change and increase business competitiveness.
Topics covered in the course include:
- From traditional to digital Lean
- Measurement KPIs and digital enablers to facilitate operational excellence
- Real-time visual management tools
- Competing with yourself
- Learning to trust the measures
- Empowering the frontline
- Integrating strategic and operational goals
On the course you will:
- Learn how to get more value from your operations
- Link operations to customer value
- Build capabilities
- Understand the impact of marginal gains
- Survey the role of digitisation
- Take part in a lean workshop
Who will benefit from this course:
This course is aimed at professionals and business leaders who wish to learn more about strategic business analysis and operational process performance, in order to gain an understanding of operational issues and opportunities in the Digital Age.
- An imaginative and entrepreneurial Business Consultant with extensive international lean manufacturing and six sigma process improvement experience.
- Direct experience of automotive, oil & gas, food & drink and pharmaceutical industries for over 25 years, resolving technical and organisational issues to deliver successful projects.
- Substantial and proven track record of overcoming project challenges through thorough analysis and innovation to realise breakthrough benefits.
One of the strengths of the UK is its resilience to hype, but with UK productivity stubbornly lagging other countries’ getting to grips with the potential for digital transformation to accelerate productivity is more important than ever.