National Manufacturing Institute Scotland CPD courseStrategic Technology Selection for Digital Transformation
"Just under half of all business leaders do not have a digital vision for the future and are not even prepared to make the investment into technology necessary for such a transformation." Forbes (2019)
Course title: Strategic Technology Selection for Digital Transformation
Course dates and venues:
The course has been postponed due to COVID-19. Dates will be reviewed once lockdown restrictions are lifted. Please, check back here for regular updates on new event dates.
Duration: 1 day (9am-5pm)
This course will help you select and implement the right digital technologies for your business to maximise the opportunities presented by industry 4.0, and ensure that they fit with the overall company targets. This course will support you in developing a digital transformation roadmap, to ensure your company remains strategically competitive in a continually evolving marketplace.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Overview of digital manufacturing and the drivers for the change
- Digital technologies that make operations more efficient
- Tools to access and implement change
- Activity - Evaluate your current technologies and future technologies
On the course you will:
- Audit the current technology use in your operations
- Learn to integrate technologies and digital innovations to your current infrastructure
- Know how to respond to drivers for digital transformation change
- Explore the available technologies
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in the industry
- Gain an insight into the skills and capabilities that are required for the digital transformation
Who will benefit from this course:
This course is especially useful for SMEs’ directors, managers and engineers involved in project management, development, risk, operations, design development, production, product development, change management, concurrent engineers and systems engineers.
Dr Ross Brisco
Lecturer at DMEM
Ross is an award-winning Product Design Engineering graduate from The University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland. Ross is currently a PhD Researcher at Strathclyde investigating the benefits of Computer-Supported Collaborative Design (CSCD) towards successful design teamwork.
Ross has been developing new tools in digital transformation and new Digital Transformation courses for the past five years. This latest course is aimed at a wide Industrial audience for the Scottish manufacturing sector.
Ross has been invited to speak worldwide about his work including several Conference workshops in Denmark, Canada and the Netherlands, Academic Summer Schools in Italy and a TedX talk in Glasgow where Ross is from.
I am very excited to be able to deliver this course on the state-of-the-art technologies which can support your business towards digital transformation. Five years of development has lead to a robust tool which can help you to better understand the current technology within your business and understand how newer technologies will benefit you.