At Strathclyde, we're keen to help small and medium enterprises (SMEs) realise their full business potential. Based in Glasgow city centre, we're ideally situated in the heart of the new Glasgow City Innovation District, within easy reach of transport links across Scotland and beyond.
Working in partnership with the University can lead to the development of new products, processes and services, resulting in immediate and long-term business benefits.
We work on a diverse range of projects, with companies large and small, every year. We have a rich background in engineering and science, with seven of our eight engineering departments ranked in the top 10 in the UK (Research Excellence Framework 2014). Our Physics department was rated top in the UK (grade point average).
How we can help
We can help businesses in a number of ways, including:
- Early-stage development: Innovative research to create or improve a product or service (funding can generally be accessed to cover all or some of the costs associated).
- Student placements: Whether you need to develop a business or marketing strategy, or even build a prototype, the University offers a number of economical options to the cost-conscious business.
- Consultancy work: Businesses can buy academic time and resources to work on a project or study.
- Equipment and facility hire: The University has many pieces of technical equipment and facilities which can be hired to carry out analysis. And for budding hands-on designers, the FabLab offers very economical access to equipment to design and build prototype products.
- Graduate recruitment: The University’s Careers Service offers help to businesses in identifying and snapping up fresh talent.
Get in touch
The Strathclyde Links team - based in the University’s Research and Knowledge Exchange (RKES) Department – can introduce you to academics with the skills to assist you, as well as provide help with funding applications, confidentiality agreements and contracts to govern projects.
Send an email to email@example.com and one of the team will be happy to help.