The University of Strathclyde is proud and excited to be hosting the Lean in Higher Education (Lean HE) International Conference in October 2021.
The conference this year will be fully online and our professional conference platform will provide a seamless secure and high quality user experience for conference attendees, speakers and presenters. The conference will allow you to meet in a secure space to present, showcase, learn, network and discuss Lean in Higher Education with practitioners from across the world.
Whilst in some ways it is disappointing not to be able to welcome Lean HE colleagues from around the world to Glasgow this year, an online conference is more accessible for many of our colleagues who would have been unable to travel to Glasgow.
So, why should you attend?
Lean HE is a global, not-for-profit community established by university professionals in 2013. The purpose of Lean HE is to encourage continuous improvement within universities and through this, support the advancement of the global tertiary sector. The community of practice achieves this through collaborating, sharing learnings, supporting growth and leading improvement practice across the world. Lean HE enables university staff to live by their own practice; it enables the continuous improvement of our people through direct peer learning, practical professional development and a blend of formal and informal collaboration.The 2021 Conference will deliver:
- A professional high quality online conference platform
- Inspirational keynote speakers
- Interactive and innovative workshops
- Opportunities to network with Lean HE colleagues from across the world
- A personalised conference programme
- An opportunity to experience the culture and history of Glasgow and Scotland
- Opportunity to access conference content on-demand including after the conference is finished
What are the benefits of Lean HE?
Continental divisions (in Asia Pacific, Americas and Europe) provide quarterly and local development opportunities to encourage local connectivity and collaboration. An annual flagship international conference provides delegates with access to:
- Leading practice in improvement in higher education;
- Business practices of globally ranked and award-winning institutions and practitioners;
- Direct, relevant and functional professional development for all levels (entry, immediate, masterclasses delivering applied and theoretical content);
- Coaching/mentoring opportunities;
- Peer-learning and resource-sharing;
- On-going access to advice, support and guidance;
- Industry insight and study tours (in situ);
- Opportunities for staff to generate presenter profiles; and,
- Opportunities to see application of improvement methodologies in situ
Further benefits to institutions include:
- Low-cost, high-impact development opportunities for improvement staff;
- Maturity checks, validation of or opportunities to review continuous improvement opportunities against industry;
- Reduction in costs through to resource-sharing;
- Embedded improvement-cycle; and,
- Peer-reviewed publication opportunities, presentation and public profiling opportunities
The call for workshop proposals and registration will be launched soon. You can keep up to date with all conference updates and news by registering your interest on the conference website.
I look forward to seeing you on 20 - 22 October 2021.