A project team was put together to redesign the end-to-end Postgraduate Research Studentship process across the University. The aim of the project was to improve the student and staff experience by creating a seamless and efficient service from when a member of academic staff applies for studentship funding, to when students receive notification of the funding decision, and subsequently their first stipend payment.
What changes were implemented?
- Rebranding of the studentship process
- Clear strategic vision set by Deputy Associate Principal, championed by Vice Deans
- Proactive timeline to promote and apply for studentships
- Enhancements to studentship online application system
- Comprehensive process guide created, clarifying roles and responsibilities