The University of Strathclyde is a data controller under data protection legislation. We are committed to transparency and to complying with our responsibilities under data protection legislation. This privacy notice sets out important information regarding how we will use your information and your rights under the legislation. It is important that you read this notice prior to providing your information.
Any enquiries regarding data protection should be made to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
How we use your personal data
The University uses your personal data for a variety of reasons and processes it where necessary for its legitimate interests including:
- To manage your booking and attendance at an event
- To produce statistical data
- To ask you to complete a feedback survey
- To contact you regarding Lean for Leaders project progress (applicable to Lean for Leaders candidates only)
- If it is necessary to process special category data relating to your health or disability, we will seek your consent unless we are required to process this data to meet a legal obligation.
Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties, or transferred to any third country.
We will retain your personal data for a period of 5 years after the event, for administrative purposes.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold
- ask us to delete inaccurate information
- in some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to Complain
If you have any concerns/issues with the way the University has processed your personal data you can contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. You also have the right to lodge a complaint against the University regarding data protection issues with the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/concerns/).