The National Manufacturing Institute Scotland (NMIS) is an industry-led international centre of manufacturing expertise. We're working to make Scotland and the UK a global leader in advanced manufacturing. Work to build this exciting new centre is underway and we're delivering a programme of support for businesses now.
The Lightweight Manufacturing Centre, focuses on the manufacture of lightweight components for a range of industries in which lighter weight materials offer significant benefits
Global leader in advanced manufacturing
Industry, academia and public-sector support bodies are working together to transform skills, productivity and innovation in the sector.
The Institute sits at the heart of the Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District Scotland right next to Glasgow International Airport.
As a world-leading centre driven by industry for industry, NMIS will:
- increase productivity by reducing barriers to innovation
- stimulate investment and increase manufacturing competitiveness
- drive job creation and strengthen supply chain links
- inspire and attract talent and equip current and future workforces with the skills they and businesses need
- work with manufacturing businesses of all sizes and across multiple sectors, providing benefits to the whole of Scotland
Manufacturing support for businesses
The National Manufacturing Institute Scotland is building on existing expertise and support that is currently available to manufacturing businesses in Scotland.