The National Manufacturing Institute Scotland is the future of manufacturing in Scotland.
NMIS is a £65 million, industry-led international centre of manufacturing expertise led by Scottish Government in partnership with its enterprise and skills agencies. It is as a national facility for Scotland, where research, industry and the public sector work together to transform skills, productivity and innovation to attract investment and make Scotland a global leader in advanced manufacturing.
NMIS is at the heart of the Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District Scotland in Renfrewshire.
- increase productivity by reducing barriers to innovation
- stimulate investment and increase manufacturing competitiveness
- drive job creation and strengthen supply chain links
- inspire and attract talent and equip current and future workforces with the skills they and businesses need
- work with manufacturing businesses of all sizes and across multiple sectors, providing benefits to the whole of Scotland
The National Manufacturing Institute Scotland Group includes the new facility being built next to Glasgow Airport along and two specialist technology centres.
Further manufacturing support for businesses
Scotland's enterprise agencies provide dedicated strategic and financial support and facilitate introduction to other specialist teams, including the Scottish Manufacturing Advisory Service (SMAS).
SMAS works intensively with manufacturing businesses across all sectors and of all sizes in Scotland, to take advantage of new opportunities to increase productivity and boost competitiveness.