The CDLR and its staff are available for consultancy work and have recently undertaken work for:
- UHI Millennium Institute, on a project to link e-journals to their print equivalents within the UHI library OPAC.
- National Museums Scotland, on a project to reclassify a research library.
- NHS Education for Scotland, on the procurement and implementation of a unified library management system.
- The Scottish Consortium for Learning Disability, on a learning disabilty thesaurus.
- Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, on a metadata options appraisal for a digital repository.
- Scottish Mountaineering Trust, on a journals digitisation project.
- The Scottish Museums Council (now Museums Galleries Scotland), on ICT standards.