We offer a wide range of CPD opportunities including courses, seminars, workshops, conferences and research dissemination events.
Decision-making for place making – online CPD course
What decision-making methods and tools are used to create places that people need and enjoy? Symposium talks are presented in thematic sections and content includes; recent research, examples from planning practice, evolving government policies and new tools for public participation in decision making. Course package: Decision-making for place making
The Social Benefits of Innovative Lighting - online CPD course
Two CPD videos on Innovative Lighting and its application have been produced by the Department of Architecture in collaboration with researchers at the University of Strathclyde and Architects from Collective Architecture. Course package:The Social Benefits of Innovative Lighting.
Planning, Control and Risk Management within Construction Project Environments - online CPD course
The aim of this 15-week CPD module is to provide construction industry professionals with an opportunity to explore aspects of planning, control and risk management relevant to construction project environments. Contact us to discuss bespoke delivery.
Designing out construction waste - an online guide for architects and designers
Future bespoke CPD programmes
We can develop CPD programmes in any of our research areas. These can be delivered on Campus or in-house with programmes to suit architectural and design practices as well as the wider public and professional community. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Recent CPD programmes
- Urban Design Representation Course is an intensive course for the planning community. Course leaflet: CPD UD REPRESENTATION
- Size Matters - directed at large architectural practices. Course leaflet: CPD SIZE MATTERS
- Planning Assist - narrowing the gap between planners & architects. Course leaflet: CPD PLANNING ASSIST
- The Professional Examination for Architects in Scotland - Joint Short Course Part 3. (APEAS)
- The Sustainability and Resilience Conference 2015. We recently hosted a very successful conference on: Sustainability and resilience of buildings, settlements and the natural environment: research, practice and support for social innovation. Further information and a full report
- A Report is available from our recent succesful Seminar on Building Information Management: BIM Seminar