My research interests centre on the development of broadband networks, access and home networking and wireless sensor systems. I am a memeber of the Centre for Dynamic Intellligent Communications (CIDCOM) and have secured funding in excess of £10M over my career at Strathclyde.
I was co-founder, Director and Chief Technology Officer of Kamelian Ltd., a technology start-up focussing on the design and manufacture of advanced semi-conductor devices. I was also a member of flagship Scottish Enterprise (government agency for economic growth) establishment team of the Intermediary Technology Institutes (ITIs), aimed at bridging the gap between basic research and company growth and held the ITI Techmedia Sponsored Chair in Broadband Networks facilitating the interaction between fundamental research in communications technologies and digital media and pre-competitive development of technologies that will form the input to commercialisation activities in Scotland. Presently I am co-founding member, Chief Technology Officer and Director of Silent Herdsman Ltd a high growth company providing animal health services through wireless sensor platforms. I am also a serving memeber of the CENSIS Board, the Innovation Centre in "Sensor and Imaging Systems".
I have held a Royal Society Industrial Fellowship, been a Visiting Scientist at the Communications Research Laboratories of Japan and Visiting Professor Princeton University, USA. I was Topical Editor for the ‘IEEE Transactions on Communications’ and was Technical Programme Co-Chair for the ‘IEEE International Conference in Communications (ICC07)’.
I am a Fellow of the IET and hold Senior Member status within the IEEE .
Optical networks, photonic switching and routing, optical code division multiple access, wireless sensor networks, wireless ad hoc networkin
- FIT Chair of ICT evaluation Panel
- ITU Technical Workshop
- Member of programme committee
- IEEE Annual Photonics Meeting
- TSB technology Inspired Scheme Assessor
- Panel Member EU ERC Advanced Fellowship Scheme
more professional activities
- Membrane performance study with GSK
- Cleary, Alison (Principal Investigator) Andonovic, Ivan (Co-investigator) Atkinson, Robert (Co-investigator) Michie, Walter (Co-investigator) Tachtatzis, Christos (Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Jul-2016 - 30-Jun-2017
- Asset Analytics Automation
- Michie, Walter (Principal Investigator) Andonovic, Ivan (Co-investigator) Atkinson, Robert (Co-investigator) Tachtatzis, Christos (Co-investigator)
- Period 04-Jan-2016 - 03-Jan-2017
- TRAFFIC MODELLING FOR SENSOR NETWORK OPTIMISATION AND DEVELOPMENT (TRAMSNOD) | Andrä, Christian
- Andonovic, Ivan (Principal Investigator) Michie, Walter (Co-investigator) Andrä, Christian (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Jun-2007 - 10-Sep-2015
- Engineering Doctorate (EngD) in Sensor and Imaging Systems - CENSIS
- Andonovic, Ivan (Principal Investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2014 - 30-Sep-2018
- CONSERVE: Contingency Operations for Strategic Infrastructure and the Vulnerable
- Atkinson, Robert (Principal Investigator) Andonovic, Ivan (Co-investigator) Bellingham, Richard (Co-investigator) Tachtatzis, Christos (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Jan-2016 - 30-Jun-2017
- Smart Agriculture with Intelligent Transportation Systems for Sustainable Future Cities (Newton Fund - Institutional Links)
- Andonovic, Ivan (Principal Investigator) Atkinson, Robert (Co-investigator) Michie, Walter (Co-investigator) Tachtatzis, Christos (Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Apr-2015 - 31-Mar-2016
Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Royal College Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map