Information for Students
Are you interested in applying what you've learnt in the classroom to original research and development projects? Would you like to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team working with undergraduate and postgraduate students from all years and staff from across the University? Do you want to learn new knowledge and skills that will make you stand out from the crowd? If so VIP@Strath would like to hear from you! University of Strathclyde is running a programme of classes called Vertically Integrated Projects – VIP@Strath.These projects give students from first year through to postgraduate level the opportunity to work with staff in multi-disciplinary teams on cutting-edge research and development projects.
By taking part in a VIP project you will be able to:
- Learn and practice many different professional skills.
- Make substantial technical contributions to a project.
- Experience many different roles on a large design team.
- Interact and receive support from more senior students and, in some instances, receive mentoring from PhD students involved in the project.
- Contribute to the completion of large-scale design projects that are of significant benefit to the research programmes of staff members.
If you would like to join the VIP Team please contact the relevant academic lead.
This year's projects include: