Freedom of Information: Key Points For University Staff
- Any request for information may be a FOI request
- A clock starts ticking; we have 20 working days to respond
- Record the date the request is made
- If you routinely give out certain information to the public, staff and students, continue to give out this information
- Be prepared to provide advice and assistance
- Make sure someone will deal with requests in your absence
- If you have concerns about responding to a request, seek advice from your Department FOI Contact or the Information Governance Unit.
This module is provided by the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education and Edinburgh Napier University. It is a generic module designed for all Universities in Scotland.
For more information about EIRs please see Environmental Information.