Academic Verification

main content

Please see below the instructions for submitting a verification request.

Third-party verification request

Submit the request(s) to and ensure that the following information is included:

• Student Surname
• Student Forename
• Student Date of Birth (DD/MM/YY)
• Programme of Study
• Dates of Study

Requests from a third party will only be processed if accompanied by an appropriate declaration signed by the student/graduate that gives permission for the information requested to be released.

If the candidate studied more than one programme, please submit a separate academic verification request for each programme of study.

The verification will be sent from our official university verification mailbox;, we ask that you do not subsequently contact us to confirm the validity of the verification.

Please note that for security reasons we will not confirm details over the telephone.


Student Verification Request

You can submit a request for academic verification of your studies to be sent to you directly or to a third party.

Submit the request(s) to and ensure that the following information is included:
• Student Surname
• Student Forename
• Student Date of Birth (DD/MM/YY)
• Registration Number (if known)
• Programme of Study
• Dates of Study

If you require the verification to be sent to a third party, please confirm their email address when sending the request.


Frequently asked questions

What information will I recieve?

An example of the information you will receive:

Degree Confirmation

Name: John Smith
Date of Birth: 15th December 1983
Registration Number: 200125871
Programme of Study: BSc Honours Architectural Studies, Full-time
Duration of Programme of Study: October 2002 - June 2006

On completion of session 2005-2006 Mr John Smith qualified for the award of Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies with First Class Honours, and graduated on 3rd July 2006.

How long do academic verifications take to produce?

We endeavour to produce academic verifications within 10 working days provided the request meets all of our requirements, including a signed declaration from the student/graduate.

During busy periods (August – September) our turnaround times may be slightly longer. We will fulfil your request as soon as possible.

Please do not email us for an update during our busy times.

I need information on a current student’s performance. Can you provide this?

If a transcript of studies is required the student should make the request and pay the appropriate fee via our Online Shop. Transcripts will be issued to the student unless the student authorises the transcript to be sent directly to a third party.

Current students have access to an unofficial copy of their transcript which they can download from the University portal - PEGASUS.

Can you provide a personal reference for a current/former student?

We are unable to provide personal/character references. It is the student’s responsibility to provide potential employers with the contact details of an academic member of staff who the student has approached and who has agreed to act as a personal referee.

I need my documents certified – can the University do this?

We can certify that your documents were issued by the University to confirm its authenticity.

If you are looking for copies of transcripts/parchment certificates to be legally certified, this has to be signed by a professional or authorised person.
Information on who can legally certify your documents can be found here.