Advice & Assistance for Students on Financial Matters
The Discretionary and Childcare Funds are now closed for 2015/16. They will re-open in early August for 2016/17.
SAAS is open for 2016/17 undergraduate applications. The official closing date is 31 March 2017. SAAS is extending their opening hours in the run up to the 30 June 2016 guarantee date to provide additional support for those who need it.
SAAS is open for Postgraduate funding for 2016/17. Eligible full-time postgraduate students can also apply for a living-cost loan up to £4,500. The living-cost loan is not available to part-time postgraduate students. Information on arrangements for 2016-17 is available from SAAS website
SAAS Part-Time Fee Grant application forms for 2016/17 are available from SAAS website Your application must be with SAAS no later than 6 months after the course start date. The Student Financial Support Team will complete Section E of the PTFG application form. Those applying to the Pre-entry Access Course, should send their application form to the Centre for Lifelong Learning.
For information on Academic Policies and Procedures, please go to http://www.strath.ac.uk/sees/studentpolicies/
The STUDENT FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM provides advice and assistance to students on financial matters. We can offer advice and assistance for students in financial difficulty. For example we can help with:
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate, full-time and part-time funding queries
- Applications to the Discretionary Fund and the Childcare Fund
- Applying for support from the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS), the Student Loans Company, Student Finance England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Short-term loans from the University's Emergency Aid Fund
- Professional and Career Development Loans
- Part-time fee grant
- Academic decisions and financial implications
- Trust Funds, Bursaries and Scholarships
The team takes the issue of personal privacy seriously and all matters are discussed in complete confidence. If you would like to find out more about the services we offer, or discuss financial matters, then why not come and see us for a chat. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 10am until 4pm. There is normally no need to make an appointment, but we can arrange this if you prefer. An Adviser will also be available at our drop-in times - Wednesday 2-4pm and Friday 10am-12 noon.