MSc Investment & Finance
The Masters degree in Investment and Finance is designed for for those who intend to develop careers in areas such as security analysis, portfolio analysis and investment management.
The course is widely regarded as vocationally relevant and intellectually challenging - it will provide you with a rigorous grounding in the theory of finance but also covers the various techniques and analytical tools widely employed by investment professionals in practical decision-taking.
Aims of the Programme
The course will provide participants with:
- understanding of financial theory and analysis
- appreciation of the nature of financial markets and institutions
- good working knowledge of accounting principles and financial statement analysis
- understanding of the techniques and concepts employed in the valuation of bonds and equities
- ability to develop portfolios and investment strategies to meet risk-return objectives
- understanding of derivatives – options, futures, swaps
- understanding of the quantitative analysis and techniques employed in finance.