- Number of scholarships: varies
- Value: Typically £4,240
- Opens: 26 January 2024
- Deadline: 16 September 2024
- Helps with: Tuition fees
- Duration: Varies
We offer a number of scholarships for our Faculty of Engineering applicants joining postgraduate taught and postgraduate research courses in academic year 2024/25.
All self-funded, international (non-EU) fee-paying offer holders with strong academic qualifications are encouraged to apply. Please note - you must hold an offer to a full-time postgraduate taught degree course starting in September 2024 or January 2025 before your scholarship application will be considered. If applying for postgraduate research course you must start during the 2024/25 academic year.
If you're applying for a postgraduate taught degree course, you'll receive a scholarship award equivalent to a 15% reduction of your fees, which will typically be up to £4,240.*
If you're applying for a postgraduate research degree course, you'll receive a scholarship award equivalent to a 15% reduction of your fees for each year of study. Postgraduate research degree applicants can apply year round for the scholarships.
* If you are studying a two year MSc course, you will receive a 15% scholarship for your first year only. The amount varies for selected courses with a different tuition fee, including courses within Architecture & Biomedical Engineering.
Applicants for postgraduate taught degrees will receive a scholarship equivalent to a 15% reduction of their fees, with a typical fee reduction of up to £4,240.*
The deadline for applications for the Dean’s International Excellence Award is 28 June 2024, and candidates will only be considered for the Faculty of Engineering International Scholarship (value: 15% of fees) after this date.
Applicants only need to submit a single application to be considered for both scholarships.
Successful full-time PhD students will receive a scholarship equivalent to a 15% reduction of their fees for each year of study. Applications can be made year-round from postgraduate research applicants.
* The value of the postgraduate taught scholarship award is equivalent to a 15% reduction of your fees for your first year of study. This is typically £4,240 for courses with a tuition fee of £24,450. The amount varies for selected courses with a different tuition fee, including courses within Architecture and Biomedical Engineering.
How to apply
You should write no more than 250 words on why you should receive a Faculty of Engineering International Scholarship.
The application process
- Step 1 - Apply for the engineering course of your choice
- Step 2 - Receive an offer letter for your degree course
- Step 3 – Submit the scholarship application form
- Step 4 - If you're successful, you'll receive your scholarship offer letter via email