Getting it right and enhancing our services
At the University of Strathclyde, our goal is to deliver high quality services to all students, applicants and visitors. We welcome any potential opportunity to improve the provision of services across the University.
Unfortunately, sometimes things do go wrong. If you think this has happened or you are dissatisfied with any of our services, please tell us. Full information on how to do this is available within the University's Complaints Handling Procedure.
Complaints can provide valuable feedback and influence the enhancement of University services. We record all complaints and use them to identify improvements. Below are just some of the key changes we've made recently in response to complaints.
How we've helped
1. Student dissatisfied with quality of course
What we did: We increased the number of Student Staff Liaison Committee meetings to increase opportunities for feedback and resolve issues.
2. Assessment of a thesis delayed
What we did: We reviewed procedures, communications and timelines following submission of a thesis.
3. Student received inconsistent advice on the word count for an assignment
What we did: We re-marked all affected assignments and took steps to ensure that students receive clear guidance and advice on word count in future.
4. Decision on an application for an exchange placement took longer than expected
What we did: We took steps to ensure that timelines are now clear in all communications to manage expectations and we have brought forward the application window which has allowed earlier applications and a quicker turnaround.
5. A student felt that the reason they were withdrawn from their course was not clear enough to enable them to write an appeal
What we did: We reviewed our letter templates to ensure that the reason for withdrawal is sufficiently clear and specific.
6. It took longer than expected for interview expenses to be processed
What we did: We have examined the end to end processes and made a number of refinements to ensure that transactions are not delayed in future.