I've received an offer, what do I do next?
Once you’ve applied to study at university there are three types of offer you can receive from us:
- unconditional – you’ve already met our entry requirements and we’re happy to offer you a place at Strathclyde
- conditional – we’ll offer you a place if you meet certain conditions, usually based on your exams
- unsuccessful – we’ve decided not to offer you a place
I've received an unconditional offer...
Congratulations! You’ve met our entry requirements and we’ve offered you a place. Before it comes to accepting an offer, this is a perfect opportunity to review your career goals and make sure you’re choosing a course that fits your needs.
Our course search has career prospects and information on every course page.
Making your decision
If you've already decided what you'd like to study, find out how to accept your offer.
I've received a conditional offer...
You’re nearly there. Conditional offers are normally based on achieving required exam results. At this stage, prepare in the same way as those who have received unconditional offers.
Keep working hard for those results… We want to see you at Strathclyde!
I've been unsuccessful...
Unfortunately, not all applications are successful. This can be down to a number of reasons. For example:
- you may not have achieved the minimum entry requirements for the course
- you may have applied too late and all places have already been filled
- you may not have responded to requests for further information
You may request feedback from the Academic Selector.
If you weren’t offered a place at university, there are many other options to consider; many people take a gap year, look for an apprenticeship or traineeship, study overseas or go straight into the world of work. Take a look on the My World of Work website to find out more about these options.
Another option is to study at college. You can take a look at college websites to see what courses they run and what entry requirements there are. Many college courses offer the option of continuing your studies at university after successfully completing a required period of study.
How do I decide which offer I want to accept?
We’re aware how big a decision this is for you, and you may have more than one offer to consider, but don’t worry, we’re here to help.