When: 6th November 2021, 12:00-6:30pm
Where: Technology and Innovation Centre, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
Join leading experts in climate litigation and legislation for a half day event during COP 26 in Glasgow addressing Climate Change Legislation, Litigation and the Rule of Law. The event will be of interest to practitioners, researchers, policy makers, civil society members and other stakeholders interested in better understanding key developments in climate litigation and legislation.
Sessions will provide timely insights on the following themes:
- The relationship between climate change legislation and litigation
- Cross-cutting themes and trends in domestic climate litigation
- Climate change in international courts, commissions, committees and arbitration courts
- Key elements of an effective legislative framework
- Gauging the effectiveness of climate change litigation
The program includes a lunch before the first session, and a reception follows the last session. SCELG also will formally announce the launch of the Climate Change Litigation Initiative (C2LI) web-based platform during the event
This event will be in a hybrid format.
If you are unable to attend in person after registering, please cancel your registration, as space is limited.