We're the only academic institution in the United Kingdom that provides a comprehensive range of forensic science services to the prosecution and defence including:
- DNA analysis and interpretation in criminal and civil cases
- fire scene investigation and identification of ignitable liquids
- analysis and interpretation of body fluids such as blood, semen, saliva in sexual offences
- analysis and interpretation of trace evidence such as glass, paint, fibres and hairs
- identification of drugs and chemical traces
- training in forensic science to police, scientists and lawyers
In recent years there has been rapid development in technology and legislation in relation to forensic science. For organisations that use forensic science, such as the police and other law enforcement agencies, this presents a number of challenges. Developing and implementing effective policies and working practices in such a rapidly changing environment requires a detailed understanding of a range of highly specialist areas in order to optimize benefits and develop good practice.
The Centre for Forensic Science has experienced staff and an extensive network of specialist resources throughout the University of Strathclyde that can support organisations in the review and development effective policies and working practices.
If you'd like to work with us, please get in touch via email at chemistry-forensics.ke