What you'll learn
This course introduces learners to Human Factors and the organisational, environmental and job factors which can affect health and safety at work.
The course will cover:
- defining Human Factors and explaining how it contributes to workplace health and safety
- identifying Job Factors, Individual Factors and Organisation Factors and the effect they can have on the health and safety of workers
- assessing Human Factors in the workplace
This course will be delivered online over five weeks from Monday 15th January – Friday 16th February 2024. Students can study from their own home at whatever time they choose during this period.
Students will work through a range of videos, documents, recommended reading, forum work, and self-assessment quizzes.
- at the end of each week of learning, students will be required to write a 300-word blog relating to the learning that took place that week (70%)
- at the end of the class, students will complete an online multiple choice test (30%)
Who can apply?
This course will be of interest to a wide variety of audiences, particularly people who have no formal training in safety-related matters in the workplace and would like to add this to their skills set.
Fully-funded places are available for applicants living in Scotland supported by the Scottish Funding Council.
What will I get at the end of the course?
This course is worth 10 credits at SCQF Level 7.
Sign me up!
To reserve a place on this course, or if you'd like more information, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upskilling and Microcredentials modules are funded by the Scottish Government and the Scottish Funding Council.