- Scientific Reports (Journal)
- Editorial board member
- Hiromi Okamoto
- Institute of Physics (External organisation)
- External examiner, University of Lille, France
- External Examiner
More professional activities
- Epsrc Doctoral Training Grant | McArthur, Duncan
- Papoff, Francesco (Principal Investigator) Hourahine, Ben (Co-investigator) McArthur, Duncan (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2012 - 07-Jan-2018
- Building Global Engagements in Research
- Littlejohn, David (Principal Investigator) Anaya-Lara, Olimpo (Academic) Ault, Graham (Academic) Bennet, Derek James (Academic) Birch, David (Academic) Booth, Campbell (Academic) Burt, Graeme (Academic) Chen, Yu (Academic) Chen, Haofeng (Academic) Fedorov, Maxim (Academic) Finney, Stephen (Academic) Fletcher, Ashleigh (Academic) Gu, Erdan (Academic) Guilhabert, Benoit Jack Eloi (Academic) Hastie, Jennifer (Academic) Jaroszynski, Dino (Academic) Johnston, Andrea (Academic) Judd, Martin (Academic) Kockar, Ivana (Academic) Lamprou, Dimitrios (Academic) Laurand, Nicolas (Academic) Macdonald, Malcolm (Academic) Massoubre, David (Academic) Mathieson, Keith (Academic) McKnight, Loyd (Academic) Nordon, Alison (Academic) Norman, Patrick (Academic) Oliveira, Monica (Academic) Papoff, Francesco (Academic) Patwardhan, Siddharth (Academic) Portugues, Iliana (Academic) Scanlon, Thomas (Academic) Sefcik, Jan (Academic) Seib, Philipp (Academic) Skabara, Peter (Academic) Stack, Margaret (Academic) Stephen, Bruce (Academic) Tuttle, Tell (Academic) Ulijn, Rein (Academic) Xiao, Qing (Academic) Yan, Xiu (Academic) Zagnoni, Michele (Academic) Dawson, Martin (Co-investigator) Florence, Alastair (Co-investigator) Graham, Duncan (Co-investigator) McArthur, Stephen (Co-investigator) Reese, Jason (Co-investigator) Zhang, Yonghao (Co-investigator) Ivanistsev, Vladislav (Researcher) Jawor-Baczynska, Anna Malgorzata (Researcher) Jones, Catherine (Researcher) McGlone, Thomas (Researcher) McKendry, Jonathan (Researcher)
- The EPSRC awarded the University of Strathclyde £499,040 to support activities where the main objective was to increase the level and number of sustainable global engagements between leading researchers at the University of Strathclyde and top researchers in the USA and Asia.
The research themes selected for the programme featured internationally leading groups at Strathclyde that are well supported by the EPSRC. Each theme is headed by a recognised pioneer in their field supported by a number of associated world class researchers. The five thematic areas were: Photonics, Power & Energy, Advanced Engineering; Advanced Manufacturing, and Bionanotechnology.
Strathclyde identified key international partners at various institutions in the USA and Asia with whom we wished to develop more strategic, mutually beneficial, relationships. We adopted a “best with best” approach, identifying internationally leading researchers who aligned well with several of our own EPSRC funded internationally leading experts. Existing interactions with the groups in the USA and Asia were at different stages of development so we aimed to escalate the relationship engagement levels from Tier 3 (Emergent), through Tier 2 (Developing) to Tier 1 (Strategic). The intention was to develop as many of the relationships as possible during the period of the award so that longer-term interactions could be established thereafter.
- 01-Jan-2012 - 31-Jan-2013
- Time resolved energy transfer and localization in nanophotonic structures
- Papoff, Francesco (Principal Investigator) Hourahine, Ben (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2012 - 28-Jan-2015
- Control of Laser Devices and solitons by light-induced photonic crystals
- Ackemann, Thorsten (Principal Investigator) Firth, William (Co-investigator) Oppo, Gian-Luca (Co-investigator) Papoff, Francesco (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2006 - 31-Jan-2008
- Oppo, Gian-Luca (Principal Investigator) Ackemann, Thorsten (Co-investigator) Firth, William (Co-investigator) Papoff, Francesco (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2005 - 30-Jan-2008