Disability & Wellbeing Service
The Disability & Wellbeing Service has a range of advisers with specialist expertise in disability, health, mental health and counselling. We offer a broad range of support to students with any disability, mental health and wellbeing related needs, which includes, but is not limited to:
- One-to-one Disability Needs Assessments and Mental Health Assessments
- General Health Support
- One-to-one Counselling (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Person Centred Therapy)
- Psycho-Educational Group programmes
- Wellbeing Programmes relating to Mindfulness and Stress Management
- Self-Help Resources and our online CBT programme, SilverCloud
- Adjustments to learning, teaching and assessment
- Assistive technology provision
- Personal, Communication and Notetaking Support
- Mentoring and Study Support
- Support with a return to studies after periods of absence due to disability or health-related issues
If you would like to engage with our team or find out further information about the support we offer, please Contact Us or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are currently operating remotely and e-mails will be picked up during office hours, Monday - Friday, 9am – 5pm.
Referrals and Weekday Services
Students with concerns about their mental health or wellbeing can access initial support and advice from our Early Intervention Counselling Team. Referrals can be made by emailing the Disability & Wellbeing Service email@example.com.
Shout 85258 is a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope. Their trained volunteers are there for you 24/7 to listen and support you to get to a calmer and safe place. Shout is a free, confidential, anonymous service for anyone in the UK. It won’t appear on your phone bill. If you’re feeling low, anxious, worried, lonely, overwhelmed, suicidal or not quite yourself, their service is there to support you. To start a conversation, text the word 'SHOUT' to 85258. If your life is at imminent risk, please call the emergency services on 999.
How to Create Wellbeing and Happiness Online Module
A newly developed in-house “How to Create Wellbeing and Happiness” e-learning module is now available to all students on MyPlace. The in-depth module is designed to help students develop independent strategies to enhance and maintain a positive sense of wellbeing. We strongly encourage all students to work through the module.