We operate one of the UK’s largest departmental scholarship programmes. This is supported by our business, industry and policy partners – from accreditation bodies and local start-ups, to blue chip global organisations. We are the only department in Scotland in the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET) Power Academy, and have been handpicked by several leading engineering companies to participate in their scholarship schemes.
What types of rewards and benefits are there?
- Annual bursaries of up to £5,000 to help with tuition fees and/or course costs
- Paid summer placements to get that all important work experience
- Year-long internships
- Workplace mentoring from business and industry experts
- Engagement with company sponsors to gain knowledge and an understanding of their organisation and the sector in which they operate
- Help with graduate recruitment – networking with future employers to enhance your career prospects and prepare for the job market
How do I find out what scholarships are available?
Use the searchable database to find out what scholarships are on offer. Use the filters to narrow down the results most relevant to you, your course and type of study. As well as opportunities in our department programme, you may be eligible for other University-wide and external scholarships.
Scholarships are available for undergraduate and postgraduate applicants and students. Most of these have strict eligibility requirements, so before you start your application, please make sure you meet these. If you are not eligible for a scholarship, you will not be considered for it.
Each October, we host a Scholarship and Industry Awareness Fair, providing our students with the opportunity to meet potential sponsors face to face. They can learn more about the funding and work experience prospects, build useful contacts for the future, and develop industry-specific knowledge through visiting the companies’ exhibitions.
The Scholarship Fair is very valuable to us as a company. We currently have 5 years of graduates as a direct result of supporting this event.
Our Current Sponsors
- BAE Systems
- FM Bruce
- IET Power Academy
- Lloyd's Register
- London Underground
- MacTaggart Scott
- Mitsubishi Electric
- National Grid
- Network Rail
- Northern Ireland Electricity
- Northern Powergrid
- Parsons Brinckerhoff
- RWE Generation
- Tullow Oil
- Western Power Generation
- Wood Group