Summer opening hours
Our current opening hours are:
|Library building||Enquiries (in person, phone and email)|
|Saturday||09:00||17:00||Out-of-hours phone/email service|
|Sundays from 25 July to 8 August||09:00||17:00||Out-of-hours phone/email service|
|Sundays after 8 August until Welcome Week||Closed||Out-of-hours phone/email service|
To accommodate those undertaking resits in August we will be open from 09:00 to 17:00 on:
- Sunday 25 July
- Sunday 1 August
- Sunday 8 August
There will be no Enquiries service in the Library on these days. However, our out-of-hours phone and email service will be available.
COVID–19: Important rule changes
In line with Scottish Government and University guidance enhanced safety measures are in place.
- Do not enter the Library building if you’re showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- You must wear a face covering at all times once inside the Library building, except where an exemption applies (as defined in the legislation).
- For the time being there will be no food allowed in any part of the Library. Drinks are still permitted, in containers with lids.
- We may be required to release Library entry and exit data in support of NHS Scotland's Test & Protect service.
- We are opening the Library to support solo working.
- For the time being there are no group study facilities. Please continue to use collaboration tools (such as Zoom) for group work.
- The Library should not be considered as a social space and peer to peer support cannot be facilitated.
Keep checking our webpages and Twitter account for the latest updates.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in the Library again soon.
Click & Collect and Freepost returns
Items currently on loan
Any items you have at home will continue to renew automatically unless another customer requests them. Remember to check your University email regularly for updates about your Library account.
We have waived all outstanding fines, except fines for lost items. If you have any questions about this please contact us.
How we can help you while you're working off-campus
We've made two videos listing some of the ways we can help you while you're studying or working off-campus. You can watch them on our YouTube channel.
Contact the Library
Please contact us if you'd like to check our opening hours before travelling to campus.
If you are studying towards the end of the day, you may hear our closing bells.
We ring the closing bells:
- Twice approximately 30 minutes before closing
- Twice approximately 20 minutes before closing
- Three times ten minutes before closing
Sometimes, if the Library is very busy, we may ring the bells again just before closing. Please make sure you begin to pack up your things and make your way out of the Library at least ten minutes before we are due to close. This helps our staff make sure the building is securely closed on time.