The Andersonian Library will re-open to Strathclyde staff and students on Monday 24 August 2020. We’re pleased to welcome you back, but some things have changed since your last visit.
Important rule changes
In line with Scottish Government and University guidance enhanced safety measures are in place.
- Do not enter the Library building if you’re showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- You must wear a face covering at all times once inside the Library building, except where an exemption applies (as defined in the legislation).
- For the time being there will be no food allowed in any part of the Library. Drinks are still permitted, in containers with lids.
- We may be required to release Library entry and exit data in support of NHS Scotland's Test & Protect service.
- We are opening the Library to support solo working. For the time being there are no group study facilities. Please continue to use collaboration tools (such as Zoom) for group work.
Our Archives & Special Collections reading room remains closed for the time being.
Keep checking our webpages and Twitter account for the latest updates.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in the Library again soon.
Semester opening hours
Our current opening hours are:
|Library building||Enquiries desk (in person)||Enquiries (phone and email)|
|Monday - Friday||09:00||17:00||10:00||16:00||09:00||17:00|
|Saturdays and Sundays||Closed||Closed||Closed|
Future opening hours
Following the Scottish Government’s decision to extend the current short term Covid-19 restrictions, Library opening hours will remain as above until at least Monday 2 November 2020.
The Library will review these opening hours on an ongoing basis, within the Scottish Government's upcoming '5 Tier guidelines' and in alignment with the University’s transition to blended learning and on-campus activity for students.
If you are studying towards the end of the day, you may hear our closing bells.
We ring the closing bells:
- Twice approximately 30 minutes before closing
- Twice approximately 20 minutes before closing
- Three times ten minutes before closing
Sometimes, if the Library is very busy, we may ring the bells again just before closing. Please make sure you begin to pack up your things and make your way out of the Library at least ten minutes before we are due to close. This helps our staff make sure the building is securely closed on time.
Click & Collect and Freepost returns
We are currently offering a freepost book return service & click-and-collect service for print materials.
Items currently on loan
The Library building re-opened on Monday 24 August. Any items you have at home will continue to renew automatically unless another customer requests them. Remember to check your University email regularly for updates about your Library account.
We have waived all outstanding fines, except fines for lost items. If you have any questions about this please contact us using the following details.
Help and suport
Our staff are working remotely to provide the University community with quality help and support. During this time, please contact us by email in the first instance:
- email@example.com (for academic staff and students)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for professional services staff)
- TIC-IThelpdesk@strath.ac.uk (for TIC users: staff and students)
COVID-19 lockdown: our performance
We have produced an infographic detailing Library and IT performance during COVID-19 lockdown.
How we can help you while you're working off-campus
We've made two videos listing some of the ways we can help you while you're studying or working off-campus. You can watch them on our YouTube channel.
Contact the Library
Please contact us if you'd like to check our opening hours before travelling to campus.