Our current opening hours are:
|Library building||Enquiry services|
|Period||Start date||End date||Monday–Friday||Saturdays & Sundays||Monday–Friday||Saturdays & Sundays|
|Exams (S1)||22-11-21||17-12-21||24 hour, 7 day opening||09:00||19:00||12:00||17:00|
|Christmas||18-12-21||09-01-21||Please see Christmas opening hours table later in Semester 1|
|Exams (S2)||21-03-22||20-05-22||24 hour, 7 day opening||09:00||19:00||12:00||17:00|
Opening hours are subject to change relating to changes in Government or University COVID restrictions. Please check this page or our social media for updates:
Our out-of-hours phone and email service is available when the enquiries service is closed.
Archives & Special Collections Reading Room
COVID–19: Important rule changes
In line with Scottish Government and University guidance enhanced safety measures are in place.
- Do not enter the Library building if you’re showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- You must wear a face covering at all times once inside the Library building, except where an exemption applies (as defined in the legislation).
- In circulation spaces 2m social distancing applies & in activity spaces 1m+ social distancing applies. More details.
- In the Library, tables and PCs are clearly marked to advise where you should and shouldn’t sit to maintain 1m+ distancing
- The majority of our tables accommodate a maximum of 1 or 2 people whilst maintaining 1m+ distancing
- There is no food allowed in any part of the Library. Drinks are still permitted, in containers with lids.
- Please continue to use online collaboration tools for group work.
- The Library should not be considered as a social space.
- We may be required to release Library entry and exit data in support of NHS Scotland's Test & Protect service.
Keep checking our webpages and Twitter account for the latest updates.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in the Library again soon.
We are currently offering a Freepost book return service for those unable to travel to the Library.
How we can help you while you're working off-campus
We've made two videos listing some of the ways we can help you while you're studying or working off-campus. You can watch them on our YouTube channel.
Contact the Library
Please contact us if you'd like to check our opening hours before travelling to campus.
If you are studying towards the end of the day, you may hear our closing bells.
We ring the closing bells:
- Twice approximately 30 minutes before closing
- Twice approximately 20 minutes before closing
- Three times ten minutes before closing
Sometimes, if the Library is very busy, we may ring the bells again just before closing. Please make sure you begin to pack up your things and make your way out of the Library at least ten minutes before we are due to close. This helps our staff make sure the building is securely closed on time.