Pure & Applied Chemistry Solar Suitcase
Solar Suitcase: Powering up sustainability
We are committed to encouraging school pupils to consider careers that have a positive impact on our future.
The Solar Suitcase project offers activities in the areas of materials chemistry with a particular focus on sustainable energy generation. A range of hands-on activities provide practical experiences that can be performed in groups. These are supplemented by other learning activities in the classroom, such as workshops, a class on sustainability, or a game-based workshop on climate change.
We are happy to tailor to specific needs and keen to discuss.
Example activities include:
- Making solar cells from raspberry juice
- Electrolysing water into hydrogen &ing oxygen
- Studying photoelectrochemical devices
- Building a solar water splitting device
- ITO glass substrates for the fabrication of the dye sensitised solar cells provided by Ossila