Area of Expertise
Applied regional economic analysis;
Renewable energy technologies and policies.
I am very happy to supervise suitably qualified PhD students in these areas; please get in touch if you want to discuss a potential research project.
- Resilience in a behavioural/Keynesian regional model
- Allan Grant, Figus Gioele, McGregor Peter G, Swales J Kim
- Environment and Planning A Vol 53, pp. 858-876 (2021)
- Scotland's industrial water use : understanding recent changes and examining the future
- Allan Grant J, McGrane Scott J, Roy Graeme, Baer Thomas M
- Environmental Science and Policy Vol 106, pp. 48-57 (2020)
- The economic and environmental impacts of UK offshore wind development : the importance of local content
- Allan Grant, Comerford David, Connolly Kevin, McGregor Peter, Ross Andrew G
- Energy Vol 199 (2020)
- Developing an electricity satellite account (ELSA) : an application to Scotland, UK
- Allan Grant J, Connolly Kevin, McIntyre Stuart G
- Economic Systems Research Vol 33, pp. 47-66 (2021)
- The system-wide impact of healthy eating : assessing emissions and economic impacts at the regional level
- Allan Grant, Comerford David, McGregor Peter
- Food Policy Vol 86 (2019)
- The city within the global : a framework for the simultaneous estimation of city emissions metrics
- Allan Grant, Connolly Kevin, Maurya Aditya
- Journal of Cleaner Production Vol 429 (2023)
Grant is currently Director of MSc in Applied Economics and MSc in Economics and Finance, as well as the Director of Postgraduate Taught Programmes for the Department of Economics.
He currently teaches classes in Economic Appraisal and Modelling (MSc), Energy Economics (MSc); and on courses in the Wind and Marine Energy Systems and Structures Centre of Doctoral Training and the Industrial Doctoral Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy (IDCORE).
He supervises undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as PhD students in areas of his research interests.
My main research interests relate to:
- Energy-economy-environmental modelling;
- Applied multisectoral economic analysis.
- UKERC workshop on the impact of non-energy policies on the energy system
- Better Metrics for More Effective Decision-making: The Need for a Regionally based Global Environmental Measurement and Monitoring Network
- Emissions consequences in a regionally-disaggregated global extraction model
- Economic consequences of climatic changes in crop yields in water-abundant regions
- Emissions consequences in a regionally-disaggregated global extraction model (GEM)
- GEMM Asia Summit
- ICLEI Europe: Glasgow Environmental Monitoring of Indoor and Outdoor Air (GEMINOA)
- Michie, Craig (Principal Investigator) Allan, Grant (Co-investigator) Sharpe, Tim (Co-investigator) Tachtatzis, Christos (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2023 - 30-Jan-2025
- EPSRC IAA Bridging the Gap
- Owens, Steven Robert (Principal Investigator) McGrane, Scott (Co-investigator) Allan, Grant (Co-investigator) Macdonald, Malcolm (Co-investigator)
- EPSRC Impact Accelerator Account funded Bridging the Gap project, awarded jointly with Dr Steven Owens, Professor Malcolm MacDonald and Dr Grant Allan to investigate connecting environmental remote observation data with socioeconomic data to inventory opportunities for project creation and data access options
- 01-Jan-2022 - 01-Jan-2023
- The sectoral economic impacts of COVID-19 on the tourism economy: a regional analysis focussed on Scotland
- Allan, Grant (Principal Investigator) Figus, Gioele (Co-investigator) Connolly, Kevin (Researcher) Maurya, Aditya (Researcher)
- 01-Jan-2021 - 31-Jan-2022
- XROTOR (H2020 LC SC3) X-Shaped Radical Offshore Wind Turbine For Overall Cost Of Energy Reduction'
- Leithead, Bill (Principal Investigator) Allan, Grant (Co-investigator) Anaya-Lara, Olimpo (Co-investigator) Carroll, James (Co-investigator) Jamieson, Peter (Co-investigator) Stock, Adam (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2021 - 31-Jan-2023
- The macroeconomic impact of Fraunhofer
- Allan, Grant (Principal Investigator) Figus, Gioele (Co-investigator) Roy, Graeme (Co-investigator)
- 04-Jan-2020 - 25-Jan-2021
- Jobs supported by Exports - Dept of Int Trade
- Spowage, Mairi (Principal Investigator) Allan, Grant (Co-investigator) Black, James (Co-investigator) Cooper, Benjamin (Co-investigator) Findlay, Patricia (Co-investigator) McGeoch, Adam (Co-investigator)
- 03-Jan-2020 - 30-Jan-2020