My research interests centre on the development of broadband networks, access and home networking and wireless sensor systems. I am a memeber of the Centre for Dynamic Intellligent Communications (CIDCOM) and have secured funding in excess of £10M over my career at Strathclyde.
I was co-founder, Director and Chief Technology Officer of Kamelian Ltd., a technology start-up focussing on the design and manufacture of advanced semi-conductor devices. I was also a member of flagship Scottish Enterprise (government agency for economic growth) establishment team of the Intermediary Technology Institutes (ITIs), aimed at bridging the gap between basic research and company growth and held the ITI Techmedia Sponsored Chair in Broadband Networks facilitating the interaction between fundamental research in communications technologies and digital media and pre-competitive development of technologies that will form the input to commercialisation activities in Scotland. Presently I am co-founding member, Chief Technology Officer and Director of Silent Herdsman Ltd a high growth company providing animal health services through wireless sensor platforms. I am also a serving memeber of the CENSIS Board, the Innovation Centre in "Sensor and Imaging Systems".
I have held a Royal Society Industrial Fellowship, been a Visiting Scientist at the Communications Research Laboratories of Japan and Visiting Professor Princeton University, USA. I was Topical Editor for the ‘IEEE Transactions on Communications’ and was Technical Programme Co-Chair for the ‘IEEE International Conference in Communications (ICC07)’.
I am a Fellow of the IET and hold Senior Member status within the IEEE .
Optical networks, photonic switching and routing, optical code division multiple access, wireless sensor networks, wireless ad hoc networkin
- The Challenges in the Implementation of Cloud-based Precision Livestock Management Services Provision
- Internet of Things Animal Health Services Platform for Precision Farming
- Invited speaker
- Sensors (Journal)
- Guest editor
- The Use of AI in Agriculture
- Network Plus: Industrial Systems in the Digital Age Conference 2017
more professional activities
- Lupovis: A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing (Cyber Security ASAP)
- Bellekens, Xavier (Principal Investigator) Andonovic, Ivan (Co-investigator) Atkinson, Robert (Co-investigator) Tachtatzis, Christos (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2020 - 31-Jan-2020
- Atkinson, Robert (Principal Investigator) Andonovic, Ivan (Co-investigator) Bellekens, Xavier (Co-investigator) Tachtatzis, Christos (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2020 - 31-Jan-2022
- The Scotland 5G Centre
- Stewart, Robert (Principal Investigator) Andonovic, Ivan (Co-investigator) Crawford, David H (Co-investigator) Irvine, James (Co-investigator) Michie, Craig (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2019 - 31-Jan-2022
- Translate inertial sensor data analytics technology to commercial innovation in supporting the optimisation of stroke rehabilitation
- Tachtatzis, Christos (Principal Investigator) Andonovic, Ivan (Co-investigator) Grealy, Madeleine (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2019 - 31-Jan-2020
- Improving the Safety, Reliability, and Efficiency of Cargo Transportation using Deep Learning Computer Vision
- Cardona Amengual, Javier (Principal Investigator) Andonovic, Ivan (Co-investigator) Atkinson, Robert (Co-investigator) Michie, Craig (Co-investigator) Tachtatzis, Christos (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2019 - 17-Jan-2019
- Fostering Precision Agriculture and Livestock Farming through Secure Access to Large-Scale HPC-Enabled Virtual Industrial Experimentation Environment Empowering Scalable Big Data Analytics (H2020-ICT-2018-2020) (CYBELE)
- Andonovic, Ivan (Principal Investigator) Atkinson, Robert (Co-investigator) Michie, Craig (Co-investigator) Tachtatzis, Christos (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2019 - 31-Jan-2021
Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Royal College Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map