I work at the University of Strathclyde's School of Education. I also work with Ghent University's Department of Movement and Sports Sciences where I graduated with a master's degree in Physical Education and Movement Sciences, and a doctorate in Health Sciences.
My research area is physical activity and health with a focus on motor development and learning in children and adolescents. My health research includes 3 broad themes: assessment and monitoring (e.g., observation tools, motion devices, reports), individual and environmental factors (e.g., self-perception, motivation, cognition), and intervention (e.g., design, delivery and evaluation). This comprehensive approach allows to further understand child development and to better promote an active and healthy lifestyle in young people.
- 2020 North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity conference (Event)
- 4th Strathclyde Early Years Educational Research Conference
- 15th European Congress of Sport & Exercise Psychology (Event)
- 2018 North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity conference symposium
- Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport (Journal)
- Peer reviewer
- 3rd Strathclyde Early Years Educational Research Conference
more professional activities
Lord Hope Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map