Marion is a qualified pharmacist who graduated from The Robert Gordon's University with a BSc in Pharmacy followed by a MSc in Clinical Pharmacy at the Universtiy of Strathclyde. She obtained an Advanced Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy Teaching from the University of Leeds.
She holds a senior joint appointment with the NHS in Scotland as Chief Pharmacist, Public Health and intelligence, National Services Scotland which provides national and specialist services across Scotland. In 2008 Marion took up a 50% appointment as Professor of Pharmacy Practice in SIPBS.
Marion's research portfolio is focused on development of a robust evidence base to support the safe, effective and person centred care through use of medicines and other health technologies. Key areas of interest:
- Pharmacy Practice
- Healthcare Interventions
- Scanning technology within community pharmacies: a friend or foe?
- Upskilling and intensification of work; are robots the answer?
- Safety climate within primary care: development and psychometric evaluation of a community pharmacy tool.
More professional activities
- Primary Care Pharmacy Resilience: Pharmacotherapy Service in Time of COVID-19
- Newham, Rosemary (Principal Investigator) Bennie, Marion (Principal Investigator) Dunlop, Emma (Researcher) Weir, Natalie Mcfadyen (Researcher) Ferguson, Aimee Margaret Denver (Researcher)
- To explore the effect of COVID-19 on pharmacy teams working within General Practice to deliver the pharmacotherapy service. This project considers the pharmacotherapy service’s evolution due to changing practice – and priorities – under COVID-19.
- Implementation of the pharmacotherapy service within primary care: health outcomes evaluation
- Newham, Rosemary (Co-investigator) Bennie, Marion (Principal Investigator) Weir, Natalie Mcfadyen (Researcher) Dunlop, Emma (Researcher) Ferguson, Aimee Margaret Denver (Researcher)
- This work focuses on developing an outcomes framework for a Scottish context to allow the impact of the pharmacotherapy service to be evaluated.
- Cardiovascular disease and COVID-19: using UK-wide linked routine healthcare data to address the impact of cardiovascular disease on COVID-19 and the impact of COVID-19 on cardiovascular diseases
- Bennie, Marion (Principal Investigator) Kurdi, Amanj (Co-investigator) Kavanagh, Kimberley (Co-investigator)
- 16-Jan-2020 - 16-Jan-2021
- Scottish Patient Safety Programme: NSAID carebundle rollout
- Newham, Rosemary (Co-investigator) Weir, Natalie Mcfadyen (Researcher) Bennie, Marion (Principal Investigator)
- Assessment of cardiovascular diseases risk profile and management in HIV-infected patients in Kenya: A local situation analysis to inform future development of quality improvement interventions
- Kurdi, Amanj (Principal Investigator) ACHIENG, Loice (Principal Investigator) Bennie, Marion (Co-investigator) Godman, Brian (Co-investigator) Kavanagh, Kimberley (Co-investigator) Megiddo, Itamar (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2019 - 31-Jan-2020
- GP Pharmacist Evaluation Project 2
- Bennie, Marion (Principal Investigator) Newham, Rosemary (Co-investigator) Preston, Kate Elizabeth (Researcher) Weir, Natalie Mcfadyen (Researcher)
- 03-Jan-2019 - 31-Jan-2022
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map