Julia is a Professor in the Department of Economics. she joined the University in 2003, having previously worked at the Universities of Glasgow and Stirling and at the National Institute of Economic and Social Research in London. Julia's research is predominantly in the field of applied macroeconomics, particularly focusing on labour market issues and on aspects of fiscal policy.
Julia is willing to supervise suitably qualified PhD students who wish to work in her fields of interest.
Julia currently teaches a range of classes in Macroeconomics, Economic Policy and Econometrics to undergraduate and masters students at Strathclyde and to students on the Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics in Edinburgh and has provided Applied Econometrics training to government and private sector clients.
- Irish Economics Association Conference, May 2019
- Scottish Economics Society Conference, April 2019
- University of Kent (External organisation)
- Invited Seminar at Heriot-Watt University, March 2019
- Invited speaker
- External Examiner for a PhD candidate at the University of Leeds Business School
- Report on the 50th Money Macro Finance Conference published in the Royal Economics Society Newsletter Issue 183, October 2018
More professional activities
- Generation Next (Internship for Marco Fongoni)
- Darby, Julia (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2016 - 31-Jan-2016
- STRATHCLYDE - ESRC STANDARD RESEARCH TRANSITION STANDARD QUOTA DTG | Knox, Fraser
- Darby, Julia (Principal Investigator) Desbordes, Rodolphe (Co-investigator) Knox, Fraser (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2010 - 02-Jan-2014