As a Senior Teaching Fellow in Strathclyde Business School:
I work with a varied team responsible for the design, development, and delivery of a range of teaching programmes, primarily to a suite of MSc programmes.
I work across and within teaching programmes, and anticipate new directions for the teaching teams.
Prior to joining SBS I spent 20+ years in progressively senior HR roles in industry. I have worked for BP, DHL, Credit Suisse and GE. I have wide expertise in the areas of:
- leadership and top talent development
- team effectiveness
- executive coaching
- succession planning
- behavioural assessment
- development centres
- HR strategy, processes and tools
Like all members of SBS I am an active business consultant - this ensures I stay relevant and my teaching reflects the issues facing businesses today. Recent consulting assignments include:
- Change management - I worked with my client to help them plan and implement significant changes in their company following an acquisition.
- Strategy workshop - I helped a group identify their key strategic issue, gather information about it, and outline decisions or action plans needed to address the issue.
- Talent Management - I helped a client design and run assessment centres in order to assess their talent and create succession plans.
- Dysfunctional team development- I helped a team to develop its ability to work more effectively together.
- Customized Training - I worked with a client to develop customised training for them.