Christine Davidson's research is in the area of environmental analytical chemistry, especially the development of new analytical methods to assess risk to human health and the environment from priority pollutants either directly or through the food chain. Recent studies have focused on chemical speciation analysis of potentially toxic elements (e.g. As, Cd, Cr, Cu, Fe, Hg, Mn, Ni, Pb, Sn, Zn); the study of urban soils and inhalable airborne particles, contaminated land, sediments and waters; and on development of simple colorimetric methods for carrying out analysis in the field. She also works on persistent organic pollutants such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
Christine Davidson recevied her BSc (Hons, 1st class) from the University of Glasgow in 1983 and then moved to the Department of Physics and Astronomy to carry out a PhD in laser ionisation spectroscopy. She had two postdoctoral appointments, the first at the State University of Utrecht, Netherlands, where she worked on accelerator mass spectrometry, and the second at the Scottish Universities Research and Reactor Centre, studying natural analogues for nuclear waste repositories. Christine was appointed to the staff at the University of Strathclyde in 1989 and promoted to senior lecturer in 1999.
- Could Contaminated Land Provide Sustainable Feedstocks for liquid biofuels?
- Could contaminated land provide the solution for bioenergy’s sustainability problem?
- An assessment of the viability of organic waste amendments and Phalaris arundinacea for the phytostabilisation of historic metal mine sites
- 19th Biennial National Atomic Spectroscopy Symposium
- 9th Scottish Symposium on Environmental Analytical Chemistry
- 7th Scottish Symposium on Environmental Analytical Chemistry
More professional activities
- Efficient utilization of biochar for water remediation and soil amendment - towards a circular economy
- Zhang, Xiaolei (Principal Investigator) Davidson, Christine (Co-investigator) Fletcher, Ashleigh (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2021 - 30-Jan-2025
- Biochar Water Remediation Research Project
- Fletcher, Ashleigh (Co-investigator) Zhang, Xiaolei (Principal Investigator) Davidson, Christine (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2021 - 30-Jan-2021
- Liggat, John (Principal Investigator) Davidson, Christine (Co-investigator) Markl, Daniel (Co-investigator)
- 30-Jan-2019 - 01-Jan-2022
- National Project for BGE Pupils: Global Challenges of Clean Water
- Willison, Debra (Principal Investigator) Davidson, Christine (Co-investigator) Scott, Fraser (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2019 - 01-Jan-2020
- National Project for BGE Pupils: Analysis of Soil in Scottish Schools
- Willison, Debra (Principal Investigator) Davidson, Christine (Co-investigator)
- 21-Jan-2017 - 31-Jan-2018
- KTP - Inex
- Liggat, John (Principal Investigator) Davidson, Christine (Co-investigator) Hernandez, Jose Luis (Co-investigator) Yang, Shangtong (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2016 - 31-Jan-2019
Pure and Applied Chemistry
University of Strathclyde
in a larger map