I am a lecturer in chemistry education, with teaching and supervision responsibilities on the PGDE chemistry. I also contribute to the teaching on BA routes and MA programme. I moved to Starthclyde University from Brunel University London. Prior to that I had been an Inititial Teacher Education tutor at Keele University (Staffordshire).
I taught science in schools in various parts of England before moving to Higher Education and retain a keen interest in all aspects of school science.
My research interests cluster around science education, specifically the impact of science outreach and inclusive science teaching. Related research areas include the preparation of teachers for inclusive practice.
- National Qualifications Support Team
- Taste, one of the Glasgow Science Centre's series of 'lates'
- Chemical Education Research Network North
- Inclusive Salters' Institute Chemistry Festival
- Inclusive Young Chemical Ambassadors Day
- Royal Society of Chemistry (External organisation)
more professional activities
Lord Hope Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map