I joined the School of Psychological Sciences and Health in November 2016. I am a BPS Chartered Psychologist and my research and teaching interests fall broadly within the Clinical Health discipline. In particular, my work focuses on the etiology and management of insomnia, the psychological aspects of chronic illness and the relationship between poor sleep and other aspects of mental health.
I am class leader for the Clinical Psychology class (MSc Clinical Health Psychology), the Qualitative Methods class (MSc Research Methods) and the 4th year Psychology of Mental Health class.
I also teach on the Cognition and Psychobiology class (MSc Psychology and Business)
My research interests span three broad areas; (i) the etiology and management of sleep disturbance, (ii) the psychological aspects of chronic illness and (iii) the relationship between poor sleep and other aspects of mental health. I have led numerous research projects focusing on these areas and have secrured funding from a range of extrenal organisations. I have worked extensively with other academics, healthcare practitioners, patients and third sector organisations and am committed to increasing access to evidence-based symptom management programmes through formal research dissemination and knowledge exchange activities.
- Protecting population physical & mental health during the coronavirus pandemic: A representative national weekly survey to understand changes
- Fleming, Leanne (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2020 - 31-Jan-2020
- Strathclyde COVID-19 Research Portfolio: Novel testing, digital health support and third sector collaboration for impact on social care
- Bedford, Tim (Principal Investigator) Corrigan, Damion (Co-investigator) Dunlop, Mark (Co-investigator) Egan, Kieren (Co-investigator) Fleming, Leanne (Co-investigator) Flowers, Paul (Co-investigator) Grealy, Madeleine (Co-investigator) Hoskisson, Paul (Co-investigator) Hunter, Iain (Co-investigator) Janssen, Xanne (Co-investigator) Kirk, Alison (Co-investigator) Knifton, Lee (Co-investigator) Lenhart, Otto (Co-investigator) Maguire, Roma (Co-investigator) Morton, Alec (Co-investigator) Quinn, Neil (Co-investigator) Scott, Fraser (Co-investigator) Suckling, Colin (Co-investigator) Ward, Andrew (Co-investigator) Williams, Lynn (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2020 - 16-Jan-2021
- Non-adherence to hormonal therapy in breast cancer survivors: systematic review and qualitative analysis of the role of sleep disturbance
- Fleming, Leanne (Principal Investigator) Crawford, Megan (Co-investigator) Dixon, Diane (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2020 - 30-Jan-2020
- Improving sleep of adolescents- The Strathclyde Sleep for ScHools (SSSH) project
- Crawford, Megan (Principal Investigator) Boyle, Jim (Co-investigator) Fleming, Leanne (Co-investigator)
- 17-Jan-2019 - 31-Jan-2021
Graham Hills Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map