I am a Researcher in Energy Systems, primarily working as part of the UK Energy Research Centre.
My main interest is in multi-vector simulation and optimisation, looking at how the different constraints we have in the future development of electricity, gas, hydrogen and heat networks may affect how we choose to meet our long-term carbon emissions targets.
My other interests include:
- Macro-level carbon budgeting (in particular using the TIMES modelling framework)
- Low-carbon heating technologies
- Local energy systems
- Operation and control of large wind farms in transmission networks
- Risk and reliability in power networks
- Machine learning for failure prediction
I have previously worked as an analyst and consultant in the Renewable Energy sector.