I am EPSRC Fellow, Chancellor’s Fellow and Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) leading the Smart Materials Research and Device Technology (SMaRDT) Group at Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, University of Strathclyde. I am Strathclyde's Energy Sub-Theme (Photovoltaics) coordinator. I am one of the founding PI of the Centre for Interdisciplinary Sustainable Practices of Research in Energy (C-INSPRE) , a new and innovative interdisciplinary Strathclyde Centre for Doctral Trainning (SCDT) that links all four faculties of the University of Strathclyde. C-INSPRE is Strathclyde's first 'Energy CDT'.
I have made important scientific and technological contributions – for example, switchable coatings for energy saving windows, materials and devices for sensing technologies, solar energy conversion, solar photocatalyst and dye-sensitised electrochromic devices. Over the last years my main research focus has been in the development of novel materials and devices for solar energy conversion especially the emerging new PV technologies (Spectral conversion, Dye sensitised and Perovskite solar cells). Recently, I have been awarded the EPSRC Fellowship (funding of ~ £1.1 Million) to develop the challenging field of Elastic Perovskite PV research in the UK.
The principal research interests of my (SMaRDT) group lie in the synthesis of nanomaterials, development, fabrication and optimisation of devices based on them for energy, environment and healthcare sectors. Please see under the Research (Research Interests) section for further details.
If you are an outstanding and enthusiastic individual interested in PhD/Post-doc or in short term (e.g ERASMUS, Commonwealth etc) projects in the SMaRDT group to contribute to the challenging sectors mentioned under the Research Areas (and key words) then please send in your CV.
Smart Materials Research and Device Technology (SMaRDT) Group is presently working on multidisciplinary projects in the following sectors:
a) Energy (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, EPSRC funded project): Elastic Perovskite Solar Cells, in collaborations with industry (Shadow Robots, G24 Power, NSG Pilkington and Dupont Teijin Films) and academia [University of Edinburgh, Oxford University and Johannes Kepler University]
b) Environment (UK-India Education and Research Initiative, UKIERI funded project): Biosorbants and Photocatalysts for Waste Water Remediation in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati, India and Waste Water Treatment Plant IIT Guwahati.
c) Healthcare (Royal Academy of Engineering, RAE funded project): Wearable Glucose Sensors in collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Science Malaysia and University of Namibia and University Hospital at University of Sciences Malaysia.
If you are an outstanding and enthusiastic individual interested in PhD/Post-doc in the SMaRDT group to contribute to these challenging sectors (and Research Areas mentioned) then please send in your CV and publications.
Dr. Aruna Ivaturi has strong track record of getting funding via fellowships. If you are interested in applying for a fellowship (doctoral/postdoctoral) to work in SMaRDT group, then please drop an email. Information about the various postdoc fellowship opportunities can be found via following links:
- Research Roundtable - Solar Energy UK and SuperSolar Hub
- NECEM Photophysics for Energy Materials Conference
- 3rd Generation PV in the Developing World
- Challenging to be a Woman in STEM? Some experiences and learnings from my Career path...
- Invited speaker
- Advances and Challenges in Tin Halide ASnX3 Perovskites (TinPero)
- Online International Conference on Hybrid and Organic Photovoltaics (OnlineHOPV20)
More professional activities
- Sustainable impact by design: a pilot study of effective STEM dissemination for hard-to-reach audiences
- Essex, Jane (Principal Investigator) Gonzalez-Longo, Cristina (Co-investigator) Li, Rui (Co-investigator) Somorin, Tosin (Co-investigator) Hendry, Martyn (Co-investigator) Yue, Hong (Co-investigator) Maddock, Christie (Co-investigator) Ivaturi, Aruna (Co-investigator) Egea Alvarez, Agusti (Co-investigator) Cunningham, Margaret Rose (Co-investigator)
- STEM Equals and RKES funding £10,000
- 01-Jan-2021 - 31-Jan-2021
- Printable Supercapacitors from Biomass Feedstock
- Ivaturi, Aruna (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2021 - 31-Jan-2021
- Visible light photocatalysis for remediation of crude oil contaminated water
- Ivaturi, Aruna (Principal Investigator) OGOH-ORCH, Blessing (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2021 - 31-Jan-2021
- Doctoral Training Partnership 2020-2021 University of Strathclyde | Nicholson, Stefan
- Ivaturi, Aruna (Principal Investigator) Martin, Robert (Co-investigator) Nicholson, Stefan (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2020 - 01-Jan-2024
- Photocatalytic treatment of crude oil contaminants in water
- Ivaturi, Aruna (Principal Investigator) OGOH-ORCH, Blessing (Post Grad Student)
- Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Scholarship £69,050.0
- 01-Jan-2020 - 01-Jan-2023
- Multiple Cation-mixed Halide Perovskites for Enhancing the Stability of Hybrid Perovskite Solar Cells
- Ivaturi, Aruna (Principal Investigator) Gandhi, Mano Balaji (Post Grad Student)
- Commonwealth Scholarship Commission Split Site PhD Scholarship £28,920
- 01-Jan-2019 - 31-Jan-2021
Pure and Applied Chemistry
Thomas Graham Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map