I am a Reader in Combinatorics and the Director of Internationalisation in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences.
My research interests are in Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Discrete Analysis and Formal Languages.
Recent research has included studies in the theory of patterns in combinatorial structures and the theory of word-representable graphs. In paritcular, my book Patterns in Permutations and Words, published by Springer (EATCS monographs in Theoretical Computer Science book series) in 2011, is the first comprehensive source over results and trends in the fast-growing field of patterns in permutations and words. My other book Words and Graphs, published by Springer (EATCS monographs in Theoretical Computer Science book series) in 2015, is a comprehansive introduction to the theory of word-representable graphs.
See my personal page for more information.
- Graph Theory
- Discrete Analysis
- Formal Languages
- Computational challenges in the theory of word-representable graphs
- Equidistributions on planar maps via involutions on description trees
- 13th International Conference on Language and Automata Theory and Applications
- External examiner for Matt McDevitt' viva at the University of St Andrews
- Mathematics (Journal)
- Editorial board member
more professional activities
- Global Engagements: Sergey Kitaev University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
- Kitaev, Sergey (Academic)
- The main goal of the proposal is to develop a formal agreement on cooperation between the Department of Mathematics at the UCSD and the Computer and Information Sciences Department at Strathclyde.
- 07-Jan-2014 - 06-Jan-2015
Mathematics and Statistics
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map