I am a Reader in Combinatorics and the Director of Internationalisation in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences.
My research interests are in Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Discrete Analysis and Formal Languages.
Recent research has included studies in the theory of patterns in combinatorial structures and the theory of word-representable graphs. In paritcular, my book Patterns in Permutations and Words, published by Springer (EATCS monographs in Theoretical Computer Science book series) in 2011, is the first comprehensive source over results and trends in the fast-growing field of patterns in permutations and words. My other book Words and Graphs, published by Springer (EATCS monographs in Theoretical Computer Science book series) in 2015, is a comprehansive introduction to the theory of word-representable graphs.
- Graph Theory
- Discrete Analysis
- Formal Languages
- 13th International Conference on Language and Automata Theory and Applications
- Theoretical and Computational Discrete Mathematics (TCDM 2018)
- 5th International Conference on Riordan Arrays and Related Topics (5 RART 2018)
- British Mathematical Colloquium 2018
- One-Day Meeting in Combinatorics, Sungkyunkwan University
- A comprehensive introduction to the theory of word-representable graphs
more professional activities
- Global Engagements: Sergey Kitaev University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
- Kitaev, Sergey (Academic)
- The main goal of the proposal is to develop a formal agreement on cooperation between the Department of Mathematics at the UCSD and the Computer and Information Sciences Department at Strathclyde.
- 07-Jan-2014 - 06-Jan-2015
Computer and Information Sciences
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map