I am a Reader in Combinatorics and the Director of Research in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences.
My research interests are in Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Discrete Analysis and Formal Languages.
Recent research has included studies in the theory of patterns in combinatorial structures and the theory of word-representable graphs. In paritcular, my book Patterns in Permutations and Words, published by Springer (EATCS monographs in Theoretical Computer Science book series) in 2011, is the first comprehensive source over results and trends in the fast-growing field of patterns in permutations and words.
- Graph Theory
- Discrete Analysis
- Formal Languages
- International Permutation Patterns Conference
- Keynote/plenary speaker
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Permutation Patterns Conference (Event)
- AMS-MAA joint Meetings
- Invited speaker
- 10th International Conference on Permutation Patterns
- Journal of Discrete Mathematics (Journal)
- 10th Nordic Combinatorial Conference
more professional activities
- Global Engagements: Sergey Kitaev University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
- Kitaev, Sergey (Academic)
- Period 07-Apr-2014 - 06-Apr-2015
Computer and Information Sciences
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map