I joined Strathclyde in 2015, moving from the post of Head of the Weeks Centre for Social and Policy Research (2011-2015), London South Bank University, where I was peer nominated for the THES Outstanding Leadership and Management Team (2013) and as Diversity Role Model (2013).
I have received the Lillian Robinson Fellowship, Concordia University (2009) and a Fulbright Scholarship, Rutgers University (2010-2011) and formerly held a Senior Lecturer post at Newcastle University.
Research projects include ESRC projects ‘From the Coal Face to the Car Park? Gender and Class in the North East of England’ (2007-2009), ‘Making Space for Queer Identifying Religious Youth’ (2011-2013) and British Academy mid-career fellowship ‘Critical Terrain: Dividing Lines and Lives’ (2013-2014). I now mentor Marie Curie Fellow, Dr. C. Laura Lovin on ‘The Race, Class and Gender of Transnational Urban Labor’.
I have published four sole-authored books based on funded research: Working-class Lesbian Life (2007); Lesbian and Gay Parenting (2009); Fitting Into Place? Class and Gender Geographies and Temporalities (2012) and Making Space for Queer Identifying Religious Youth (2015). Edited titles include Educational Diversity: the subject of difference and different subjects (2012); The Entrepreneurial University. Public Engagements, Intersecting Impacts (2014).
I edit the Palgrave Gender and Education Series and co-edit the Routledge Advances in Critical Diversities Series.
- The Unitopia Project: Reflections from Professor Yvette Taylor
- Spring Into Methods - Feminism in Action
- Building Queer/Class Lives: A Community Workshop
- E.M Eisen-Markowitz
- Durham University
- Visiting researcher
- The UK LGBT Action Plan. A look behind the celebratory rhetoric: Podcast
more professional activities
- Poor Queers
- Taylor, Yvette (Principal Investigator) Brim, Matt (Visiting Academic)
- Global Engagement Funded visit with Dr. Matt Brim, CUNY
- 25-Jan-2019 - 01-Jan-2020
- Exploring issues of social equity and learner identities in the phenomenon of the `bottom reading goup"
- Taylor, Yvette (Principal Investigator) Theriault, Virginie (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2018 - 30-Jan-2021
- Exploring ‘Estrangement’ in Higher Education: Standing Alone or Settling In?
- Taylor, Yvette (Principal Investigator) Costa, Cristina (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2018 - 28-Jan-2019
- Comparing Intersectional Life Course Inequalities amongst LGBTQ People in Five European Countries
- Taylor, Yvette (Principal Investigator) Lawrence, Matson (Researcher)
- 01-Jan-2018 - 30-Jan-2021
- Accessing Higher Education: The experiences of ‘estranged students’ beyond entry point
- Taylor, Yvette (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2018 - 31-Jan-2018
- Gendering Autism: Identity and Practice
- Robinson, Anna (Principal Investigator) Taylor, Yvette (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2017 - 30-Jan-2018
Lord Hope Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map