Area of Expertise
- Food and Drink Sector
- Small Business Marketing
- Strategic alliances
- Network Studies
- Alternative and non-mainstream markets
- Hybrid organisations
- Green Marketing and sustainable consumption
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods
I am currently supervising doctoral students in the following areas:
- The impact of social enterprise on individual and community well-being
- Green marketing
- Structural diversification in family farming businesses
- DIY cultures in the crime fiction scene
- Transformative service in everyday service encounters
- Collaborative models within organisations
Prize And Awards
My research interests are focused on exploring the role of networking and wider market practices of small and medium sized firms. Within this field I have particular interest in hybrid organisational structures and alternative and non-mainstream markets. I have conducted research in a variety of specific sectors such as the creative industries, craft and artisanal sectors and food and farming.
Current research projects include: innovation and growth in the craft beer sector; the feasibility of the social enterprise model in tackling health inequality; the role of festivals on the economic and social development of local communities and a project exploring the transformative impacts of everyday service encounters.
- In 2017, I led a Scottish Universities Insights Institute funded pan-European project with academic and industry partners from 9 European Countries on networking practices in the craft beer sector.
- Lead Author of White Paper: Crafting Growth; Exploring the Emerging Potential and Challenges for Scotland’s Craft Beer Sector, IPPI (2018).
- Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Awards for Best Paper 2012 and 2016.
My work has been published in the International Journal of Management Reviews, the Journal of Technological Forecasting and Social Change, International Small Business Journal, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Thunderbird International Business Review, Consumption, Markets and Culture, Advances in Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing Channels, International Review of Retail Distribution and Consumer Research, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, and the British Food Journal.
I am an editorial board member Industrial Marketing Management. I also review for the International Small Business Journal; European Journal of Marketing; Journal of Business Research; Technological Forecasting and Social Change; Journal of Sustainable Tourism; and the International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Wednesday 2nd March, 2pm to 4pm
- Thursday 10th March, 5pm to 7pm
- Saturday 19th March, 1pm to 3pm
- Friday 25th March, 10am to 12pm