Academic Verification FAQs

main content

Academic Verification FAQ's PDF Image


What information will I receive?

An example of the information you will receive:

Degree Confirmation

Name: John Smith
Date of Birth: 15th December 1983
Registration Number: 200125871
Programme of Study: BSc Honours Architectural Studies, Full-time
Duration of Programme of Study: October 2002-June 2006

On completion of session 2005-2006 Mr John Smith qualified for the award of Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies with First Class Honours, and graduated on 3rd July 2006.

The official verification will be sent to you in the body of an email from our generic mailbox and we would ask that you do not subsequently contact us to confirm the validity of the verification.

How long do academic verifications take to produce?

We endeavour to produce academic verifications within 5 working days provided the request meets all of our requirements, including a signed declaration from the student/graduate.

I need information on a current student’s performance. Can you provide this?

If a transcript of studies is required the student should make the request and pay the appropriate fee via our Online Shop. Transcripts are usually issued to the student unless the student authorises the transcript to be sent directly to a third party. Current students have access to an unofficial copy of their transcript which they can download from the University portal PEGASUS.

Can you provide a personal reference for a current/former student?

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide personal references. It is the student’s responsibility to provide potential employers with the contact details of an academic member of staff who the student has approached and who has agreed to act as a personal referee.

Can I change the name on my certificate?

No. The student’s name on the degree certificate, including any replacement parchment, should match the student’s official record as held by the University. This is the definitive record of the student and their achievement. Once you have graduated it is not possible to retrospectively change the name held on your student record or produce documentation in your new name (unless the name change is related to a gender reassignment). A replacement certificate can only be produced bearing your legal name as it was at the time of your date of award.