Degree apprenticeships combine full-time paid employment whilst studying for a degree at the University of Strathclyde simultaneously. They could be the right choice for you, whether you are looking for a job or are looking to upskill in your existing role.
Degree Apprentices at the University of Strathclyde allow you to:
- be paid a full-time salary while you study towards a degree - earn while you learn
- get a full bachelors or master’s degree upon graduation, just like our students who follow the traditional route
- learn from experts and develop the skills needed in industry
- graduate with quality work experience, giving you a competitive edge
- enjoy all the benefits of being a full-time employee and get paid time off to study and attend classes
- have a dedicated work-based learning advisor to support you through your studies as well as a workplace mentor
- have the same benefits as our full time students
Apprenticeships are funded by the Government and employers; apprentices are not eligible for student finance. This includes tuition fee loans and maintenance loans, therefore no student debt.
What our apprentices say:
2nd year, Chemical Engineering apprentice
“I really enjoy the university side of things and can confidently say the course is very well aligned to my needs and has met my expectations. The course facilitates the perfect balance between independent study and aided study for me personally. It is a very flexibly designed programme that aligns with my work schedule and provides necessary deadlines to ensure my own consistency of study throughout the course”
2nd Year, Senior Leaders MBA
“You just get so much out of an apprenticeship in banking, but at the same time, you do have to put in the effort to get as much out of it as possible. As an apprentice, everyone wants to talk to you, everyone wants to tell you what they do, everyone wants to help you. You’re in a prime position to learn about the business, but also about work in general.”